Originally Posted by rhad
i also have a 92 Dakota FSM,its OBD1 so most likely different,if i was smart enough i could scan the circuit you need and email it to you,but 96 is OBD2!!

The 92 probably won't help much, but its probably better then the 87 I have, in 87 everything was sill carbed.
The generic Haynes book has the efi wiring for the V6 & the V8, but it doesn't show this switch anywhere.

The switch has 5 wires.
One blue ign hot, and one green W orange tracer that has continuity unless the button is pushed. Then most of the time (but not always) it looses continuity only while the button is pushed.
There is an orange wire that is hot when the lights are on, it has continued continuity with a black wire all the time. The switch has a light in it, I would assume those wires are for that light which is probably a dash light. The switch also has a light I assume is for when the button is pushed and the dash lights are on to indicate the button is being pushed, because there is also an orange w white tracer wire that has continuity with the orange & black wire only when the button is pushed.

If I don't hear any different, I think I'm going to splice the blue wire and the green w orange tracer wire together and remove the switch all together. That probably won't help my no OD problem, but at least it eliminates a flaky switch I don't need.