I've been pretty distracted from the truck for the last few weeks and haven't even had a chance to look it it at all. Since I'm driving my coupe, the truck has just been sitting in my garage. If the weather ever warms up, body work is coming.

This morning I was showing the truck to my grandson and noticed (and remembered) the truck has the dash button to shut off the OD. Just for kicks, I gave the button a push, and it really doesn't feel like it is doing anything at all. I thought they were suppose to be spring loaded, so I poked it a couple more times, and it really doesn't look or feel like its functioning at all. This new reevaluation brings up a few questions.

Am I correct in assuming that button could be the source of my no OD problem?

Would that button switch be a normally open, or a normally closed switch?

Can I just unplug the wires from the switch, or do I need to jump the switch to make sure the OD is activated?

The truck sits low, and even on jack stands I can't get into position to disconnect the wire connector to the transmission to test for power. I would have to take the truck to my buddies and use his hoist, which was going to be the next step until I saw the OD button on the dash.
I see no reason I would need to shut off the OD on this truck, any towing it might ever be used for would be pretty light duty. It wouldn't bother me at all to remove the switch from the dash. Gene