Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
It's a momentary switch that just tells the PCM to turn off the O/D. It resets with every key cycle.

So as long as power is going through the switch, that probably isn't my problem? Darned.
I've pulled the switch, there seems to be continuity between the blue (ign hot) and the green/orange tracer until the button is pushed. Then there is the momentary break in continuity, but the switch is pretty flaky and it doesn't always break the continuity.
If I connect the blue wire with the green/orange tracer wire I should be able to eliminate the switch, correct? Probably won't help my problem, but would at least eliminate a flakey switch and make me feel better.

I have an 87 Dakota factory service manual, and an 87-96 Haynes repair book, but neither cover this switch. The problem with the factory service manuals through these years is the manual only covers the things that changed that one year. If you don't pick the right year the change occurred, its not covered in the later manuals. Is there a general repair manual (or probably even more helpful a book covering the wiring diagrams) that would cover Dakota trucks from 90 to 96 a guy could buy?