Raptor, all though the retainer hole was tight, it was dirty/dry going on and did seat all the way. but .. the granny gear 4 speed bolted up to both bells fine. the 2nd bolt patter was not even close to the 833od 4 speed.

I am still researching on the mopar a535-5 speed. I think it is the same as what GM calls the NV1500 light duty 5 speed? either way it is giving me a headache.

looking to score a v6-v8 833/833od bell. I see a couple A-body bells on ebay but me thinks I needs a B-body SB bell housing & B-body trans for correct shifter location in a truck chassis.

so I gots a complete 833od 4 speed from a truck and just need a bell housing. flywheel maybe? mine is a 143 tooth/10.5 & 11" clutch pattern. while I am searching I started fabing up a slave mount on my mech bell that fits the 435 granny tranny, this way I can mock it up on the bench. the stock hydro clutch system is a closed system so I can pump it by hand and get the slave mounted for correct rod travel. or convert it over to the small GM style slave?

it is a toss up at the moment...300$ for the new lakewood cast alum bell for mopar 3 & 4 speed trans-tremac 5 speed or (if confirmed A-body bell can work) for 300$ both off ebay free shipping.