The difference between the 833 and the OD 833 is the aluminum case, the switched lever, and 3rd gear being replaced with the OD gear. The OD trans also probably has a larger diameter front bearing retainer. the smaller retainer bolts on, but I think there was a seal drain added to the larger diameter bearing retainer that the smaller retainer doesn't fully cover.
Flipping the 3/4 gear lever on the OD trans will still shift, but when you put it in 3rd gear, you will have OD and 4th will be 1-1 gear. The flipped lever only changes which gear is engaged with the shifter in a certain position. The OD bells were all machined for the larger diameter retainer, a filler ring was available to fill the gap when a different trans was used. Back in the day, many bells were machined for the larger retainer, and a few placed offered the filler spacer, but it is probably not available these days. I believe the OD 833 was a 76-89 item in the Valarie and later years (after 84?) light duty trucks, after then it was either an automatic or the 5 speed. The 833 (std or OD) trans to bell bolt pattern was the same, but the retainer bearing housing was a different size.

The second bolt pattern on your bells may very well be for a 3 speed manual trans, not a different 4 speed. I think the 3 speed was still the base manual trans then.

Who knows for sure what Chrysler was doing in those days, probably using up what ever may have been laying in a warehouse someplace. 77/78/79 was the near bankruptcy time, and they were not back on their feet until after about 84-85. Lots of stuff went on during those years just to get a product into a customer's hands. Parts could have been substituted mid day and reverted back to the normal supply by the next day, or the next week, or when ever the extra found on the shelf stock ran out. The Omni/Horizon in 78/79 save Chrysler. The K car in 82/83 and the Minivan in 84/85 revived them, everything between was just survival.

I was a dealer tech in 86-87, you had to live through it to fully understand. I suspect things were not much different every time Chrysler has changed hands since the bankruptcy years. That is probably why accurate info on the modern stuff is so sketchy. Gene