If I remember right it was about .030 off the heads, any more and you start taking away valve seat but that may have been the 2.02 heads I did for my hot rod dakota stroker...?

Yes you are correct I think on the mag block it took around .035 or something for zero deck (after squaring) and the LA blocks were a little taller but I don't remember how much. Also part of me wants to say the decks got shorter for the last year or two of the LA also, maybe when they quit using shim steel head gaskets and started using composites. I used to have a ton of this info in my head and even shared stuff here like block weights, heights, how far in the hole pistons were, head weights... someone better with the google could probably find it in my old posts, I have forgotten way too much small block stuff since I been messing with mostly hemis now.

The 5.9 magnum in my wifes daily driver 15 passenger van is leaking out of pretty much everything butt the head gasket so I may need to dig up all my old magnum stuff and build another superduper mpg 318 for that thing. Then I could use the 5.9 for a superduper MPG project in my 93 dakota, so many ideas and so little time.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!