Originally Posted by Twostick
Do these newish ones still have Adaptive Learning that adjusts to how you drive?

My 05 300C has it and you have to occasionally reset it to get it to quit that. You pull the ECM fuse and wait for the memory to die and then plug it back in. That resets it to factory and then you drive it like you stole it so it can "relearn" your style.

I can't remember if you have to recalibrate the pedal at the same time or not. That's an easy procedure too as I recall but I'm not sure of the exact steps. Seems you turn on the key, press it slowly to the floor and slowly release it, then turn the key off. In any case you can find it on the LX forums.

Kevin

Yep. All late model vehicles have adaptive strategy to "learn" your diving style. Drive it like granny, it'll learn that and store stuff such as idle speed, upshift/downshift points,etc on KAM(keep alive memory) which can be erased with a power disconnect(fuse,batt cable,etc)While not the same as a "tune" a KAM reset can be helpful with certain issues. Be aware that batt disconnects can cause other issues such as relearn procedures for other various systems.