Originally Posted by DaveRS23
I'll throw this in here; When I built my first stroker, it would heat up around town, did good on the road, but got warm at slow speeds and them would boil over from heat soak when I parked it. Annoying and embarrassing. After a lot of experimenting, I pulled a fan from (I think) an 80s Dodge pick-up. It is huge. The blades are big and have a lot of pitch to them. The problem was, of course, that it wouldn't fit in the Cuda's shroud. It would fit the clutch just fine, but was too big to go into the shroud.

Fortunately, the blades are aluminum. I just marked them, cut them down to size and installed it. That did it. It moves an enormous amount of air. I had it on that engine for several years and have now had it on this Hemi for 4 or 5 years. But it will wear out a clutch every few years, depending on the amount of driving time it gets.

The fan may not be perfectly round or in balance. But it has not given me any problems and I spin the Hemi to 7,000.

Just one experience.

Thanks for the note.

Thats the way Im headed I think. Move more air . Although I would prefer a direct drive non clutch fan