Trailer tires probably require an entirely new thread and there will be many stories.
For 16” there are many commercial tires options. All of my trailer are 15” which throws you in the world of what I consider inferior tires.
I am a big fan of Maxxis trailer tires. They are very well made and when I mount them I can see how true round they are. Can’t tell you how many crummy trailer tires I have seen that I can tell are bad when you go to install them.
Get the highest load range you can so you have the best ply rating. But your pressure is limited to the actual rim rating so you can’t air up past that psi value. To me though I like the stiffer sidewall of the higher load range tire as you get a trailer that tracks better.
I have Maxxis on 3 trailers at the moment and have zero complaints. Can’t say that about the Goodyear or Kenda ones I have had.
And if you want best tire life, I am now a fan of tire beads. I used to balance trailer tires but now use beads. Yet another topic deserving its own thread.