Originally Posted by 70runner
Researching enclosed trailers, used primarily to trailer a 69 Charger RT. From what I've read, if used to simply trailer the car, 8.5 x 20 would be about the minimum size. Most of the trailers I've seen have a side door on the right. With an 8.5ft width is it possible to drive a B body onto the trailer and exit the driver door side? Do you have to exit through the door glass opening? Realize I can install a winch, but trying to keep cost down. Suggestions?

Understand trying to keep costs down but how often are you going to be towing the car? Personally a winch is cheaper than the side door option and you don't have to worry about firing your car up in a potential fuel vapor filled box. I've seen the result of that after a backfire and flooding carb, just a molten mass of metal when it was over. Spend the money on the extra length too, 24 would be a minimum I would consider. 26 or 28 would be better and you will be glad you got it later. The other thing is get the heavy duty axles and tires, don't cheap out on them.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.