Originally Posted By sixpakdodge
Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
What could possibly happen by shifting into neutral w/ a normal VB (like a TA rev MVB) at the finish line?

I surely don't want to attempt throwing a reverse valve body into neutral at the finish line...

With a standard valve body, the direct drum will spin at over two times the speed of the engine when it is clicked into neutral at the finish line. Some say it won't affect anything, some say otherwise. I definitely wouldn't put it back into drive until I brought the RPM's down to idle if I clicked it into neutral at the stripe through. twocents

Happened to me once. Probably the dumbest thing I've ever done in my race car. It shifts through 2nd then 1st before hitting neutral. Nearly flipped the car at 140+. I saved it but took out the finish line cones. All because I forgot to put gas in the car after warmup and before 1st call. It was running out of fuel, I knew exactly what was happening as I had no fuel pressure so I shut the car off and just out of shear, stupid habit I reached for neutral so I could coast back to my pit. Next thing I know there's orange blocks in my windshield and I'm coasting alright. Guy watching at the stripe said there was 2 feet of air under my right rear tire. I went down to apologize with my friends on the track crew and Dan the starter goes "[ Moparts Family Site - Keep it Friendly ] WAS THAT?" eek