I agree with the sentiment that if you going to have a Hemi, it should run respectably! I always said that if I had a Hemi, it better be a ten second real street car to live up to the hype. I can't tell you how many times I was at Mopar car shows at the track and saw stock Hemis blowing rich black exhaust weezing down the track on a 15 second pass ! So much for the Legend! But those were show type cars with owners who could not tune, but it still made me resolve that if I ever got one, it would at least, not be an embarrasment.
My 528 runs solidly in the tens and could certainly run better if it were lightened, my B-body runs 4186 with 1/2 tank and my 225 lbs. While I retained the SS springs, the rest of the suspension is now geared for touring/handling to the detriment of dragstrip performance, my priorities have changed. Where I am going, the nearest strip will be 150 miles away.
Hemi ragtop, I have been where you are and feel your pain, if it is more economical to go with the Edelbrocks, do so. like I said, you cant go wrong having Dwayne rework your MP heads either, 360ish cfm is good for 700 hp or more. You would really need to cam up to take advantage of much more flow. I am running a Bullet solid roller 258/690, a bit small but such sweet street manners, I'm not changing it and you are not much different cam-wise.
Good Luck and keep us informed!
Lee.