The OP's original question seems like a simple one to answer. He wants the best performing head. And although he didn't mention it, he probably wouldn't be opposed to the least cash outlay to get there.

I got the same flow chart that Zippy posted with my heads that MCH did a few years ago. It would be easy to price that port job today from them or from Dwayne.

Then somebody surely has a flow chart for the new Eddies. And pricing them is no problem.

Comparing flow to dollars should make the right choice clear.

And if it matters, the ported MPs on my 540 have great street manners. 250* cam, Indy dual plane intake and a Thumper Dominator top it off. It starts right up, has a steady idle, and drives with no bad habits. My point is that the 400ish flow is not a problem on the street.

I personally think that it is important to have a Hemi (even a Hemi that doesn't see much racing) to run like a Hemi is expected to run. Nothing is worse that to pull up beside a brand Xer and not be able leave him in the dust. The few times that I have had a race, my Hemi had upheld the Hemi tradition. That is worth the price of admission.

So, I say 'go for it', OP. Help that Hemi run like a Hemi! And when you can do it for a bit less money one way rather than another, and have good street manners, too....what's not to love?

Master, again and still