Awesome info, Dilbert! Thank you.
First, your Charger looks mean as hell. I realize that B-Bodies have more room for tires (especially up front) but do you mind sharing your tire/wheel specs?

Originally Posted By Dilbert
you do not have a track car at the moment, it is a straight line machine

410s are not track gears...unless you have overdrive or a 7500 rpm redline

As much as I would love to build a track car, my goal is to build a fun to drive car with responsive/rewarding handling. I've set a few limitations for myself- stock style suspension sticking with the torsion bars), reversibility (no tubbing the rear, etc) and not altered enough where it entirely loses the character of being a Dart.

Yeah. The 4.10s are quickly seeming like a poor match for the A904's ratios. I'm planning on a T56 swap as soon as the wife will let me but I'll have to live with it for now.

Manual 16:1 steering with Tuff Wheel replica - you need a good steering box and the k frame boxed in as MAJOR flex takes place where the box mounts.

It is a misstatement that these cars will not have rack feel steering - I built a 70 Charger R/T that has amazing steering feel. Track car. Eats SRT Challengers driven by talented drivers. No slop in this ride. See pic, taken at "toe of the boot" at the glen Weld weld weld

That's encouraging info about the potential for steering feel. Was the K-member reinforcement the biggest piece of this? Which steering box/ratio are you running?

Aluminum wheels 15x8 +0mm rear and 15x7 +10mm front
255/60/15 rear Radial T/As (ugh)
225/60/15 front Radial T/As (ugh).
NO NO NO

Tire and wheel sizes should be the same.
Ride height is wrong, back of car is sky high,
Poor tire choice, not sure about the wheels, need to see pics

Yeah. I've always run square setups wherever possible...and it looks like A-bodies can handle ~255s up front with 17"+ wheels and the right offset. With 15" wheels, we're limited to 7" width and with anything much more than a 225, you're asking for a lot of sidewall flex. Skinny 225s on the rear of these cars is just seems silly with all of the space I have back there.

The 15" Minilite clone wheels were just a style that I always liked, they were quite a bit lighter than the 15x7 rally wheels...and I still have trouble finding 17"+ that I like.

The tires flat out suck for performance. If someone said they were snow tires, I'd believe it. laugh

Stock front sway bar, no rear sway bar
You need a 1 inch front bar & 3/4 rear
This is all a waste of time till you fix this

Interesting. How did you know that your Charger needed these sway bars?

Maybe it's the low-traction tires and heavy springs on my Dart but this car doesn't really have a body roll issue. Without that problem, I'm hesitant to reduce traction even more with the bars.

QA1 Upper and Lower control arms
QA1 lower arms have not been road course tested best i know or tested on a press against a stock arm - i am not sure if i would trust them at 130 mph under duress.

I'll look into that. This is a valid concern.
For whatever it's worth, I don't have the gear to go 130mph laugh

Sway-A-Way 1.14" torsion bars
Hotchkis lowering leaf springs
Fox 1.5 shocks (Hotchkis)
Mancini Camber spacers
All good here

Your alignment is in left field
Specs have been posted many times now
[/quote]

You mentioned that the back of the car is "sky high" but that's what those Hotchkis springs gave me...and it honestly doesn't leave much room for suspension travel as the Mancini snubber doesn't even fit at the lowest setting so I'm not sure that lowering blocks make much sense. So should I raise the front?

Again, thanks for all of the input! This is exactly the kind of info that I need.

Last edited by MRGTX; 08/17/18 11:37 AM.