Originally Posted By Skeptic
The Idler Arm roller kit that Firm Feel sells ONLY work with the MOOG idlers, I bought 2 different brands, one I disassembled only to find it wouldn't work. The other was listed somewhat deceptively on E-bay shock -it was NOT a MOOG as listed. I checked that one more carefully and no it wouldn't work either. Even "good" idlers don't hold up very long, I only averaged 6 months of daily driving. I don't have a handle on the longevity or the rollerized one. luck

IIRC, Moog used to make and market these bearing kits on the open market a number of years ago. For some reason, I vaguely recall seeing them for sale on some different web sites. Perhaps Firm Feel bought them all up or negotiated a deal with the manufacturer to take all their old stock. These bearing conversions for idler arms are also out there for a number of classics. Obviously Mustang and Camaro versions abound, but they all seem to be in the $80-100 range, even for the belly button cars.

If you really want to put bearings in an idler, I'm sure some minor machine work on an arm and browsing a bearing catalog could net the results desired.