Originally Posted By radar
383 man

Thanks for the response too- I think you get what I’m talking about. I am definitely getting the crank aimed right at the pinion and parallel to the frame rails when viewed from above.

From what I’ve read ford and chevy have a consistent amount of offset but mopar varied it through the years and different models. All of them did it for steering clearance, weight distribution, or whatever reason.

I think when people build tube chassis race cars they have custom stubby axle housings that usually just go dead center with the pinion and motor but I’m doing a low buck driveway fabricated spare parts type deal. The journey is a lot of the fun for me- learning how things work and trying new things I haven’t done before. I just want to at least understand what the rules are before I break them and when I’m done I want my hotrod to be simple, safe, reliable, and easy to work on.

When I grow up I want a nice hotrod like yours I love that red car!

Radar

Thank you very much for the kind words. I do appreciate it. Good luck with your project and I hope it all goes well for you. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/12/18 01:55 AM.