Man you guys are on shellshocked autopilot from years and years of trying to help people ask the same pinion angle question over and over!

Thanks for the responses anyway I know people’s time is valuable and you spent some trying to help me.

Andy gets my question- I’m making a custom driveline angle for a project that has no motor mounts or transmission crossmember yet. Obviously the pinion angle will change as power is applied, especially to a leaf suspension.

Andy that’s a slick idea but I already built my trans and no spare. I’ll have to go with good old tape measure, strings, and carpenter’s square. My build is so stone age that I don’t even have a level shop floor to drop a plumb bob.

Pretend the pinion is a magical ideal. No answers about passenger side driveline offset or dynamic pinion angle please. My question can be put the most simply: should the transmission point directly at the pinion like a tube chassis race car, or be vertically offset like in a production car. The relevant answer I seem to be getting is that it is mostly a packaging issue and it won’t matter as long as the U-joints only work on one axis and the dynamic pinion angles are well considered.

Any other helpful comments are welcome I really appreciate having this forum with so much collective experience. I have little experience but I buy all the books I can find that I don’t need a graphing calculator to figure out and my mom thinks I’m smart. My friends think I’m an a—hole though haha