Howdy!

I didn’t want to use the word pinion in the title but I’m building a street rod type truck and I have kind of a clean sheet of paper on how my angles all play together.

Here’s what I know- my driveline will be offset to the passenger side to match the pinion offset of my ‘70s ramcharger 9.25 axle. From what I can figure from book learnin’ I have two choices on pinion vs driveline angle. I know that I will want the pinion and driveline angles parallel. It seems like on a factory type build these parallel lines are vertically offset and don’t intersect so that the universal joints phase cancel but have to work enough to keep the needle bearings spinning and not galling and seizing. A true race car build has the transmission aimed directly at the pinion.

In a fast truck built for a fun weekend street driver which style do you think I should shoot for? I haven’t built motor or trans mounts yet and the leaf perches are not welded either. Whichever way I go I will get it perfect then tip the pinion down a touch to get it to line up under load. This truck might see the track like once a year but I’m not trying to be faster than anybody but stock mustangs haha

Thanks moparts!
Radar