Originally Posted By AndyF
The Gatorback is a really good high performance tire. If I had a set of 15 inch rims that I liked then I'd probably pay the $1200 for a set of Gatorbacks that fit.

I suppose it would be possible to find a set of 17x7 rims complete with tires for $1200 too, but the look might not be correct.

I used to make a kit to put the 17 inch Mustang Bullit rims on a Mopar. I really liked the look of those wheels but a lot of people thought it was a sin to put 17 inch rims on a Mopar so I didn't sell very many of the kits.

I put 17 inch rims on my early B body back in the 90's and most people back then thought I was a fruit cake. These days there are more people in the Mopar hobby that can handle seeing 17 inch rims on an early B body. The last car show I went to I didn't have any negative comments on the rims. Most people thought they looked good and only a few people even noticed what size they were.

I was one of those back in the 90's that larger wheels and tires looked wrong. Then I drove one with larger wheels and tires and I said wow this is nice. What was I thinking before, are tires for looks or for driving experience. I have never looked back.

07 Porsche C2 997.1 6spd DD and SCCA Solo II SS
68 Plymouth GTX Convert. 493cu Hotkiss Wilwood Classic air, Building for Solo II Cam
65 Chrysler 300 Convert. project
57 Desoto 2dr. Firesweep 392 Hemi,Wilwood Project with son
2003 Dodge Dakota R/T "DEAD"