Originally Posted By furious
Originally Posted By ruderunner
Lots of people trash talk the NP203 case but other than weight it's not a bad unit. However it does only fit a couple transmission which in your case is not a problem.

What is more of a problem with the 70's full time trucks is the front wheel bearings. Trouble prone and a pain to work on. Swapping to 80-93 knuckles is the preferred method BUT, they are a different lug pattern so new wheels and rear shafts go along with the swap.

You don't have to change things just keep this in mind.

Thank you, I prefer to leave it in there as I doubt it has been abused to bad since this old truck only has a little 318-2 but I haven't gotten to that part yet.
Originally Posted By Mr onetwo
If you change the wheel bearings(if bad) in a full time axle and grease them per IOM they will last forever.Check the slack in the chain of the 203...strong TC except for chain play.

I have read that about the chain and plan on learning about it, thnaks.
Originally Posted By larrymopar360
[quote=bbtrux]Id find a running rusty 91-93 truck. Use the engine, trans, transfer case and maybe driveshafts ,then swap 80-93 knuckles and eliminate the full time garbage.
Full time "garbage"??
I think it will be just fine for me. I have a 2003 44wd Ram 1500 that gets used when I actually need a pickup.

Originally Posted By 4x4 Roundup
Originally Posted By Mr onetwo
If you change the wheel bearings(if bad) in a full time axle and grease them per IOM they will last forever.Check the slack in the chain of the 203...strong TC except for chain play.

iagree I have a '79 4x4 Roundup Powerwagon that we purchased new in Nov.'78, now has 110,xxx miles on it, no problems thus far, but, the bearings have been greased religiously. I pump grease in until the old grease starts oozing out the backside. The transfer case chain has some stretch, but not enough for a tear down for that only... twocents
Wow, that is a nice looking truck, that helps to motivate me. Yours is the fancy one right, thus the four headlights? When I got mine I thought someone had put a 72 grille on it but read that the low eline custom had the two headlight grille. Right?

Not a fancy Truck...just an oddly optioned dealer stock Truck. Custom trim level, rubber mat, vinyl seat, etc. but has air, auto, protection pkg, HD front springs, 318, limited slip, quad headlights AM radio, and the 4x4 Round Up pkg. which I think is a decal and the White Spoke wheels with 10-15 Goodyear Tracker AT's.

And another was apparently ordered just like it by the dealership according to the Warren Truck Build Order...I am still looking for it, as indicated in my sig below.

Thanks for the kind words. up

WANTED-- DEAD or ALIVE:
'70 Duster--- VS29H0B274908-----UPDATE---ENGINE BLOCK FOUND---Still looking for the B-5 car.
'79 Power Wagon W14JE9S137761 or 763