I would think that a breach of contract with NHRA operations having to relocate in the ninth inning before the start of the season is reason for legal battles on the horizon.
Unless.........a kickback was agreed on to throw a bone to NHRA's dwindling piggy bank for the sudden exit stage LEFT.

Perhaps this is the deal,
*NHRA suffering on behalf of their own accord, (playoff system, etc): STOP.
*Drag racing in itself spiritually and openly suffering on behalf of not only budget constraints and boring classes (No-stock, Bunny car, so and so on) but also the national mood of the moment: STOP.
* As a result, Raceway Park is suffering in attendance and insurance woes: STOP.
* They (us) will just get over it and find a way to go to the other tracks (Atco-Island-Lebanon) or the street: STOP.

Personally, RP had a great atmosphere and good connections to major highways, not to say relatively how close it was for us folk here in the Zoo, They also had a great track and history.
So here we find ourselves in the new world odor.
It may be a little farther, but I'd go to Atco (better traction and at sea level as well) or Island and just factor in the time of travel as the troubles of racing these days. At least Atco and Island will see a surge in their attendance books.

To each its own, I'm just vexed on how RP made their exit and abandoned ship for what ever the reason may have been. We the passengers were left to DRIFT or let this DRAG us down to the depths of abandonment of the sport/hobby/way of life for ourselves.
But we are bigger than that. Start your engines.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 01/19/18 12:13 PM.