Hope it's not true....been going there since the early 70's and I grew up about 45 minutes away.

But ever since the 80's NYC Commuter Yuppie developments have been taking over the entire Old Bridge Township area. It used to be nothing but farmland down there when the track was built back in 66. I know the shut-down area Tee's right into an Upscale development, and the more High Powered yuppie whiners that move down there, the more "chin music" the city council has to listen to.

Etown is without doubt the most famous track on the East coast, more national records and amazing "under the lights" qualifying sessions have been held there than any other track I can think of. In the mid 90's there was an Epic weekend where the records in Pro stock, TF and Funny Car were set and reset with ech run!

I remember it was a cold day and then the clouds broke and an amaxing warm front came through which gave the race "mine shaft" air pressure for the night session. I remember the car that was like the #3 Pro Stock qualifier in the 3rd round was bumped out of the field to first Alternate by the time he staged in the final round. Most amazing drag racing weekend I can ever remember, Force and KC Spurlock were doing 3/4 track burnouts under the lights.....freaking amazing! Really glad I had my friends there to see it with me.

My fisrt drag race was when I was 9, in 1971, it was a funny Car shoot out, I spoke to Don Schumacher only a few years ago and I told him I saw him and I was disappointed because the beautiful Stardust Cuda Funny Car I expected to see was all Primered up, I guess he had a fire the week before. Anyway, Don told me he remembered that race (!!!) because he beat the "unbeatable" Gene Snow "Rambunctious" car in the final!

Hope the rumour is not true

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0