Originally Posted By 11secdart
Island is my home track has been for over 30 yearsz, they closed briefly back in 2013 and it was heartbreaking luckily they reopened after a few months. I have competed at Raceway Park a lot over the years, running their points series in: Street Eliminator, Mean Street, and 11.50 index as well as almost every Mopar Atlantic Nationals. I have a lot of fond memories there including winning a track championship with my friend driving my Dart in11.50 index and the highlight of my racing career: because of our position in the index points we got to compete at the National meet in front of thousands of people. I am planning on running 11.50 index points there this season. This rumor has been going on for years. I heard it at a race at Atco late last year. I am hoping it's " fake news" I haven't heard anything in the local racing circles about it or other hardcore racing websites. I am waiting for them to release their 2018 schedule if they don't in a few weeks I will be concerned .

Did they ever fix those cracks at about 330 - 660 feet? Or lengthen the shutdown? I vaguely remember the shutdown area being pretty short leading into a big left hand turn, and only a pile of old railroad ties to stop you before going into that sod farm field. It's been years since I raced there - good times for sure. Used to tow there, run Saturday night, go home, catch 3 - 4 hours sleep then tow up to Lebanon Valley to run Sunday. To be 22 again.. whistling