We need some sort of lobby to represent us in the area. Cuomo, like him or not is a car guy. Perhaps he would be sympathetic to our cause if there were enough people and businesses behind it. The L.I. guys seem to be doing pretty well. Perhaps some of the Jersey guys closer to the city will get behind it now. 3 hours or not, I'd be there.

The idea of building a drag strip anywhere within 100 miles of NYC is pretty far fetched for the reasons I stated before but you never know until you try. Just not realistic to think it would happen in this day and age.

I can't really think of any one particular area or place that would work besides out east on the Island. Floyd Bennett Field would be awesome but I can't imagine the city saying OK to that. Plus it's kind of hard to get there from outlying areas.

ETown is in a pretty convenient spot off the turnpike. Easily reached from points west, north and south since you don't have to navigate through the city.

Losing ETown makes the NY area similar to LA now which is essentially the birthplace of hot rodding - except Irwindale, there are no 1/4 mile drag strips within 2-3 hours of Los Angeles, correct? Pomona has Nationals twice a year, right? Bakersfield is a ways away, at least a few hours. Banning is gone? Las Vegas is at least 3 hours. Barona is the only one left I think.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500