Originally Posted By ProSport
Originally Posted By RMCHRGR
Doesn't seem like it was noise related though that probably factored into the decision. Putting up with all the headaches of owning a drag strip in the middle of NJ for however many years probably didn't seem worthwhile when they had all that money waved in front of them. You have to think they would have thrown in the towel years ago if it was just the complaints.

Apparently this Copart company made them an offer they couldn't refuse. You can read into that whatever you want but clearly the decision was about money.

From what I read elsewhere, I was totally wrong about the road course because it is in fact a money maker for them. Kids are into the drifting thing nowadays. It might be hard to swallow but it sure seems like no one outside our sphere of enthusiasts really cares about or even likes drag racing anymore. NHRA isn't even bothering to fill the hole on their schedule.

Oh I'm sure money is a huge part of the deal for sure. I posted Leah's quote today because she may have heard a rumor about part of the problem. Who knows.

Drag racing is huge here in Ohio, tracks everywhere and it seems like everyone is building cars. Hopefully this whole deal will spark interest for someone to build a new track near E-town.

Not likely as the permits and legal fees (there would be lawsuits) would cost at least as much as the track. If, and it's a big IF you can even get the permits.

Most counties have a 5 year, 10 year and 20 year plan. While the track may be out in the sticks now, in 20 years their will be houses right up against it.

Houses are a much more profitable tax base.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston