My opinion doesn't mean anything but I agree about musclecar values. The cream of the crop is always going to be highly sought after but the more common "midrange" 60s/70s cars are either at their ultimate peak or near it, unless inflation takes the value of the dollar down enough for a perceived peak 30-40 years from now. The generation that grew up loving them is aging and the supply isn't going anywhere (more or less) so there'll be a point where the current 20/30somethings will be inheriting them all. Some will love them, some won't.

As a 34 year old I had to get into turbo buicks because I couldn't afford the old mopars that I wanted to get into. Now there's a feeding frenzy on 87 grand nationals and if it continues I might jump ship with one of my cars. But it's so hard to argue with 20 mpg and cruise control and air conditioning for road trips. So I may have a 4 speed b body for local fun and something more practical for the power tour and other road trips.

None of this has anything to do with a correct resto on a hemi challenger, but I do admire the attention to detail in this thread.