Originally Posted By A12
Dave, hello again. I understand all of the details you've brought up from your wealth of knowledge and experience with compliance labels, restoration, O.E. judging or should I say O.E. JUDGES.......

MikeR

Hi Mike. I'm not upset in the least that anyone tries to find out which side of the month they feel their Certification Label should fall on. The problem goes FAR beyond just a simple VIN decal. Some guys do this ALL the time. (NOT the OP or the person looking for the information.) They go half prepared in their investigation and they have almost NOTHING substantial to base their figures on. They look in ONE place when it may take ten times the amount of research they're willing to provide. If you're going to step up to "Help People" you had better give your VERY BEST and be willing to provide your "BEST" to help those People. Instead, they take their incorrect opinion and make RULES that were never established. I personally think that's arrogant, self serving and horrible for the Hobby. Why can't people admit they don't have the facts? Why do they CONSTANTLY argue with people who have had PPAP CERTIFICATION, NHTSA Training, SAE Standards, DMV and DOT Training, in the very area that they are making incorrect assessments about? Their arrogance is counterproductive to the Industry. Them being "right" is as important to them as anything else.

Like I said, if some of you "ignorantly" followed their WRONG advice on newer vehicles and changed protocol, you could potentially be charged with VIN fraud. The sad thing is that they don't care about you as long as you feed their ego! Their incorrect "importance" is the only thing that matters.........and THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A FINISHED CAR THAT EXEMPLIFIES ALL THEIR "SUPPOSED" INFINITE WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE! Think about that fact just for a moment and then ask yourself why many of you give this fake, "self serving" power to them?