Dave, hello again. I understand all of the details you've brought up from your wealth of knowledge and experience with compliance labels, restoration, O.E. judging or should I say O.E. JUDGES. I also "think" I know why you seem a little upset about the process that is being taken to try to get the OP a shot gun blast/ballpark date of production that to this day is a month wide window but in this case it's for a 47-year old car that the OP says is not going to be a show judged car. In this case with the SPD being so close to the end of one month and the beginning of the next, trying to determine what the date on a missing label might NOT be is the best anyone can do and that is all that is trying to be done. What's the big harm here? Not everyone knows what you know and you're not going to be judging his car (at least I hope not because he's in big trouble if you do, you know way too much scope tsk laugh2). If the OP were to order this label from you and you were given the story that is written here what would you tell or ask the OP to sell him a label. Would he be SOL for not having the original label or date (month) of production and just go and find another source that would print any date (month) close or not? How would you determine the month of production for the OP's car and label?

Thanks Dave Walden I know you will live up to your screen name.

MikeR