Originally Posted By FurryStump
So there really are only six areas that can leak in the bell housing. Having eliminated the converter.
1) converter hub lip seal. Been replaced along with bushing.
2) interference fit of outside of that seal. Been replaced by two different people.
3) o-ring on perimeter of pump housing. Hasn't been checked yet.
4) pump housing bolts. No rubber washers? Don't know.
5) vent puking. Fluid level has been check in neutral while hot.
6) cracked case. Unknown.

Where in these six areas does the pressure of, or amount of fluid increase when the converter is charged?
Don't think it is the o-ring because I don't think it see's more pressure when the converter is charged. Unless line presure is leaking by the paper gasket and then the o ring. But line pressure is always present there.

1) correct
2) good tranny shop did it
3) brand new O Ring when I put the pump back in during the rebuild. The housing was clean and smooth and the paper gasket was new. I didn't use sealer on it but I didn't see where anyone had done it before me. The paper gasket is on right because I used a bolt with the head cut off to index it.
4) I had gotten new washers in the kit that I used but I don't remember them being rubber. Neither were the ones that were on before.
5) At this point, I lost enough fluid that the fluid barely touches the dipstick when hot and idling in neutral.
6) I didn't see any cracks. Like I said, clean and smooth around the pump.

"There are only three real sports, Mountain climbing, Bull Fighting and Auto Racing. The rest are just games"
- Earnest Hemmingway

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQJtN1_6DU