Originally Posted By reno340
Originally Posted By JohnRR
You are going to have to pull the trans to relocate the vent, part of relocating the vent is the block the one in the pump housing, you can't do that with it in the car.

Did you do anything to modify the the front drum so it expels more fluid when venting? Is the plastic baffle for the vent cover intact inside the trans ? stock drum or a billet drum with a larger piston that requires the vent to be modified ?

I did put in a front drum from a diesel ram but it was early enough that it fit. The valve body was also changed to a Chetah forward pattern manual valve body. I have a 2400 stall converter in it too but if pretty much feels little to no different than the old one.
The pump in front of the tranny is probably from the older transmission I had looked up the tranny and the numbers showed it to be from a '66 small block C body. Any ideas? Do I need a different pump? If so, from what year?

"There are only three real sports, Mountain climbing, Bull Fighting and Auto Racing. The rest are just games"
- Earnest Hemmingway

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQJtN1_6DU