Need to add some notes about what I told about purple shafts.

I'm not saying the magnum cam was called purple shaft back in the days, but it is now and since sometime in the past ( what I can't tell ). I was calling it on the way is actually.

Need to say however, the superseded 4071002 production replacement cam, which I have one NOS on its original factory/dealer box, not being MP or DC labeled thought just regular Chrysler logo and Mopar print on box ( like any regular replacement part ), OF THE 3512907 production for HP engines ( stated on my 74 Parts catalog like that but I guess an earlier PN on earlier catalogs, something like 28xxxxx ), IT GOT purple paint. I have the pic of the camshaft somewhere posted. Can't say the ones original installed on engines from factory got the purple finish or if DC book would call it Purple shaft, but the replacement parts dealer piece I have got the purple finish. Aaand meets the MP 4452783 specs, plus the MP catalog descriptions it like the Magnum replacement, being purple.

EDITING, this is an ooooold thread on dc.com where I posted the PN cross reference when I bought the camshaft. Maybe some other numbers are missed on the way up to the last MP one. Pics are there and you can see the purple finish on the one I got.

Magnum/Supercomando camshaft PN crossreference

Last edited by NachoRT74; 05/20/17 10:48 AM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela