Originally Posted By TJP
Originally Posted By dd340
I'm looking to upgrade my power steering and trying to pick between them. I see the Borgeson box is more expensive but once I factor in the shipping of the new box and then shipping back the core maybe it's not that much difference. For sake of argument let's base the decision on quality.
Any opinions?

If you are referring to a Borgeson conversion box / kit I would proceed with extreme caution. Based on their "previous" good reputation of doing things right we have purchased several of their "KITS" for different makes and models of customers cars. They all had installation / fitment problems that I later found out via google were quite well documented. Their tech support acknowledged the problems when confronted but did little other than offer to send out replacement parts that have the same issues. The owner and his son are basically absentee owners who are off pursuing other interests. The issues range from erroneous pitman arm geometry, off center steering, power steering groaning at low speeds, coupler issues between the box and shaft as well as a myriad of other problems. it is disappointing to see a company that was once a stellar supplier go down the tubes due to mis management. twocents beer

I had read about some of those problems but I got the feeling it was rectified when they switched to a new box that was a bit smaller. I guess not?