Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By 360tripleblack77
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Any idea what the humidity and barometric pressures where on that day? Looking at the color of the grass I would bet money it is very humid their work Which means a lot of humidity means thin air shruggy
I would focus on getting rid of the bouncing when leaving the starting line, look at the rear leaf spring angle first at rest and then jack the car up so the rear tires are off the ground and the suspension is not loaded, don't jack it up by the rear end housing and leave it on the jack in other words tsk
If the rear spring shackles are pointed straight down or pointed slightly forward from the upper eye then see about relocating the eye forward one or two inches in it or making the upper bracket longer with the bolt holes further forward so the shackles will be pointed back toward the leaf spring eye at rest and not pointed straight down or forward under acceleration scope
Fixing the shackle angle will make your sixty foot times better, that should eliminate the bouncing also, if that is what is causing it shruggy
Please let us know what you find out and what you decide to do thumbsBTW, what body style,A,B or? is your car confused It looks like a 1970 Plymouth B body from the passenger side and looks some what like a 1967 to 1976 Dart A body from the drivers side confused
Nice car up bow

f you bet your money at humidity you will don't loss them! lol Humidity was 63% and barometric pressure was 27.76in.

About the shackles, I think that you found my problem. I was back to garage with two pictures as you suggested and look at this:

Car on the jack, suspension no loaded

Car on the ground

I'm looking to make my own Sliders to change shackles. I believe that sliders will fix this problem. What do you think?

About the car, is an A-Body same body of 67-69 Dart. In Brazil when Charger was annouced they was a more powerfull version of Dart with some stetics and engine changes. In Brazil all Mopars was equipped with 318 but Dart had 198HP and Charger 215HP.

I know this is very weird for you. Charger A Body? Yes, in Brazil this was possible. laugh

Been down that road and yes, sliders will fix that as long as you set em up correctly. I installed mine a few years ago and love em even on the street...........

Thanks Dominic! This was a doubts that I had about sliders. Will works good at the Street also? Thanks for share this information.

BTW Could you tell me what's your reccomendation to install sliders on my car?

'77 Brazilian Dodge Charger R/T - Street Car
Footbrake, Pump Gas, SB Mopar 360" N/A
3300lbs, Leaf Spring + Assassin Bars
Best 1/8 mile ET
1.50 60' / 4.31 330' / 6.73@102.54mph