Moparts

My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >>

Posted By: 360tripleblack77

My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/19/16 02:02 PM

Hi guys,

Last saturday finally I did test last updates on my Mopar and I need to say, I'm very happy with results.

Car Specs:
3300 lbs with me (Street Car)
Hoosier 28x10.5 Stiff Sidewall
Leaf Springs with home made Assassin Traction Bars
904 Trans, Footbrake, 4200 stall
Small Block 360 (318 Block With 3.58 crank and 4.000 Pistons)
Scat I Beam rods, Icon forged pistons dome (12.0:1)
Edelbrock Performer RPM Ported by Myself (Flowed 300@.600")
Edelbrock Super Victor Ported
Mighty Demon 750 Annular
Voodoo Solid Flat Tapped Cam
Pump Gas

The day was so hot 93ºF and even so, car ran constantly on 7.0@100.68 with 60ft between 1.58 to 1.60

In the last run of the day I finally got my target when the weather was not so hot:

1.59 / 4.52 / 6.99@101.92

Some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbdRsy0_4co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUD7NxzeGRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssvgd2dROFE&feature=youtu.be

Any suggetions to improve I really appreciate.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 03:30 PM

that is such a cool ride.... thanks for sharing and good runs in the heat!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 03:40 PM

Very nice looking car and runs good too, congrats on the new best!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 06:59 PM

Nice looking ride.. congrats
wave
Posted By: 416challenger

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 08:22 PM

upWay to go. Really cool car!

Keep working on that 60' time and it will only get quicker. I right about the same mph as you, but my 60' times are better. I have been 6.70 @ 101.29 with 1.46 60'.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 08:27 PM

Nice car! Congrats on the new best. If you can get the 60' down with the mph it's running you should see .70s with no problems.

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
that is such a cool ride.... thanks for sharing and good runs in the heat!

Thanks Jay! It was a very cool ride. Around 70 miles from my house to dragstrip.

Where I live in Brazil, the weather is very similar to Florida. Wet and Hot.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 09:08 PM

Any idea what the humidity and barometric pressures where on that day? Looking at the color of the grass I would bet money it is very humid their work Which means a lot of humidity means thin air shruggy
I would focus on getting rid of the bouncing when leaving the starting line, look at the rear leaf spring angle first at rest and then jack the car up so the rear tires are off the ground and the suspension is not loaded, don't jack it up by the rear end housing and leave it on the jack in other words tsk
If the rear spring shackles are pointed straight down or pointed slightly forward from the upper eye then see about relocating the eye forward one or two inches in it or making the upper bracket longer with the bolt holes further forward so the shackles will be pointed back toward the leaf spring eye at rest and not pointed straight down or forward under acceleration scope
Fixing the shackle angle will make your sixty foot times better, that should eliminate the bouncing also, if that is what is causing it shruggy
Please let us know what you find out and what you decide to do thumbsBTW, what body style,A,B or? is your car confused It looks like a 1970 Plymouth B body from the passenger side and looks some what like a 1967 to 1976 Dart A body from the drivers side confused
Nice car up bow

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By justinp61
Nice car! Congrats on the new best. If you can get the 60' down with the mph it's running you should see .70s with no problems.

Thanks Justin! I tottaly agree with you and 416challenger. I need get my 60ft down.

Last time that I ran, my 60ft was terrible 1.79 and I decided change torque converter and build my own version of assassin bars.

I'm looking for a new set of adjustable shocks for my car. Here you can see a slow motion video that a friend made of my car on launch. Shocks will be required! punkrocka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLdQI8ctqV0

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 09:18 PM

Take a look at that rear shackle angle with the suspension extended thumbs scope twocents

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 10:06 PM

Short shocks will cause that bouncing..
drop the axle housing with the shocks off
and see if you have at least 1" that the
shock is longer.. quality shocks also help
wave
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/19/16 11:28 PM

Nice💪💪 another great running small block
Beautiful car... I would love some details on the body style.. kind of reminds me of a 68 Dodge Dart ...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 01:37 AM

NICE........... punkrocka

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 01:45 AM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Any idea what the humidity and barometric pressures where on that day? Looking at the color of the grass I would bet money it is very humid their work Which means a lot of humidity means thin air shruggy
I would focus on getting rid of the bouncing when leaving the starting line, look at the rear leaf spring angle first at rest and then jack the car up so the rear tires are off the ground and the suspension is not loaded, don't jack it up by the rear end housing and leave it on the jack in other words tsk
If the rear spring shackles are pointed straight down or pointed slightly forward from the upper eye then see about relocating the eye forward one or two inches in it or making the upper bracket longer with the bolt holes further forward so the shackles will be pointed back toward the leaf spring eye at rest and not pointed straight down or forward under acceleration scope
Fixing the shackle angle will make your sixty foot times better, that should eliminate the bouncing also, if that is what is causing it shruggy
Please let us know what you find out and what you decide to do thumbsBTW, what body style,A,B or? is your car confused It looks like a 1970 Plymouth B body from the passenger side and looks some what like a 1967 to 1976 Dart A body from the drivers side confused
Nice car up bow

f you bet your money at humidity you will don't loss them! lol Humidity was 63% and barometric pressure was 27.76in.

About the shackles, I think that you found my problem. I was back to garage with two pictures as you suggested and look at this:

Car on the jack, suspension no loaded

Car on the ground

I'm looking to make my own Sliders to change shackles. I believe that sliders will fix this problem. What do you think?

About the car, is an A-Body same body of 67-69 Dart. In Brazil when Charger was annouced they was a more powerfull version of Dart with some stetics and engine changes. In Brazil all Mopars was equipped with 318 but Dart had 198HP and Charger 215HP.

I know this is very weird for you. Charger A Body? Yes, in Brazil this was possible. laugh
Posted By: ProSport

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 01:45 AM

Congrats, very nice looking car! up

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Short shocks will cause that bouncing..
drop the axle housing with the shocks off
and see if you have at least 1" that the
shock is longer.. quality shocks also help
wave

Thanks Man, I will do that to check if I've this 1".

About the shocks I'm looking for Vikings. Looks like excellent quality.

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
Nice💪💪 another great running small block
Beautiful car... I would love some details on the body style.. kind of reminds me of a 68 Dodge Dart ...

Thanks Shiloh! I love your car, one of badass Dodge that I know! Awesome car and Killer Engine!

Body style is the same thats your Dart with little changes...

My car is called Charger R/T Triple Black because has Body, Vinyl and Interior in Black color. When this car was build people also called R/T Lotus because is Black with Golden stripes... This color combination remember Lotus that Ayrton Senna drove at Formula 1 (John Player Special).

About the body we have two main differences between Chargers and Darts in Brazil. Front where we've headlights hide and the rear we have a roof extension that we called "rabeta" in Brazil as you can see at the images below:

Posted By: sgcuda

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 03:02 AM

That is a super looking car. Congrats on the new best, too.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 03:27 AM

The rear shackles aren't right..........but SHOCKS are what you need
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By 360tripleblack77
Nice car up bow

f you bet your money at humidity you will don't loss them! lol Humidity was 63% and barometric pressure was 27.76in.

About the shackles, I think that you found my problem. I was back to garage with two pictures as you suggested and look at this:

Car on the ground

I'm looking to make my own Sliders to change shackles. I believe that sliders will fix this problem. What do you think?

About the car, is an A-Body same body of 67-69 Dart. In Brazil when Charger was annouced they was a more powerfull version of Dart with some stetics and engine changes. In Brazil all Mopars was equipped with 318 but Dart had 198HP and Charger 215HP.

I know this is very weird for you. Charger A Body? Yes, in Brazil this was possible. laugh

Been down that road and yes, sliders will fix that as long as you set em up correctly. I installed mine a few years ago and love em even on the street...........

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 07:50 AM

Take a hard look at the shock lengths, your shackles may need a little more back angle but look at the shock length first and correct that If needed and then run the car again before doing anything else twocents
You might want to look at the Rancho brand ten way adjustable rear drag shocks also scope

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 12:17 PM

Thank you Monte!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Nice car up bow

Car on the ground

Been down that road and yes, sliders will fix that as long as you set em up correctly. I installed mine a few years ago and love em even on the street...........

Thanks Dominic! This was a doubts that I had about sliders. Will works good at the Street also? Thanks for share this information.

BTW Could you tell me what's your reccomendation to install sliders on my car?

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 01:04 PM

Take a hard look at the shock lengths, your shackles may need a little more back angle but look at the shock length first and correct that If needed and then run the car again before doing anything else twocents
You might want to look at the Rancho brand ten way adjustable rear drag shocks also scope

Thanks Man! For sure, tonight I will check shocks lenght. Some recomendation how can I measure this correctly?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 03:47 PM

Am I the only one seeing what looks like a pretty heavy/stiff leaf spring on this car? You should be considering some monoleaf springs along w/ good shocks.

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/20/16 11:01 PM

Thanks Man! For sure, tonight I will check shocks lenght. Some recomendation how can I measure this correctly? [/quote]
Jack it up again like in your pictures and remove the lower shock retaining nut and washer and slide the shock off the stud and see if it will extend downward another 1/2 inch or more scope If it does your good thumbs which I suspect it won't be good scope If the rear end goes downwards a little bit when the shock is slid off the stud you need longer shocks thumbs
Your rear shackle angle at rest looks good now, I will bet money that the shocks are to short twocents

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 12:13 AM

Thanks Man! For sure, tonight I will check shocks lenght. Some recomendation how can I measure this correctly?

Jack it up again like in your pictures and remove the lower shock retaining nut and washer and slide the shock off the stud and see if it will extend downward another 1/2 inch or more scope If it does your good thumbs which I suspect it won't be good scope If the rear end goes downwards a little bit when the shock is slid off the stud you need longer shocks thumbs
Your rear shackle angle at rest looks good now, I will bet money that the shocks are to short twocents [/quote]

Mr Cab, I think that you lose your money at this time. Lol... I did check right now and looks good extension.

Shocks has 21.5" full extend.

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 12:37 AM

Shock length looks fine.. but you have
a big stack of leafs in there.. what
springs are on there.. also you need to
look at the front of the car.. measure the
fender with the weight and driver in the
seat.. then jack up the body to JUST lift
the tire and re-measure.. that change in
travel SHOULD be like 5".. also good rear
adjustable shocks.. as said the Rancho 9 ways
are a fair shock since your not a all out race
car
wave
Posted By: KOS

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 04:56 AM

super cool ride never seen one before....kinda similiar to the aussie stuff but even better smile

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 08:35 AM

I'm baffle now on what exactly is causing your bouncing off the starting line, but keeping in mind some of the laws of physics that like for every action there is a opposite and equal reaction work
With that in mind I would now do like Mike(MrPbody)suggest to find out what is causing the rear of the car to porpoise and unload the rear suspion thumbs scope
The key to good sixty foot times is keeping the car glue to the track during the entire run, not just the last part shruggy
Good luck, let us know what you do and the effects on your car thumbs

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 12:24 PM

Shock length looks fine.. but you have
a big stack of leafs in there.. what
springs are on there.. also you need to
look at the front of the car.. measure the
fender with the weight and driver in the
seat.. then jack up the body to JUST lift
the tire and re-measure.. that change in
travel SHOULD be like 5".. also good rear
adjustable shocks.. as said the Rancho 9 ways
are a fair shock since your not a all out race
car
wave

Mike, I'm using OEM leaf springs (this junk is heavy) but in the future I would like to buy Calvert mono leaf.

Last Night I did measure front end travel as you asked lifting the car by K-Member, That's right? If yes, front end travel is 4"

So, about the Shocks, my concern is also about durability. I was looking for Vikings but as you know I live in Brazil and buy parts in US is very expensive for me. I can't buy Shocks every year. So if Rancho 9 ways will works for my application will be perfect because is not so expensive than Vikings or QA1.

Thanks for your advices Mike!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 02:54 PM

Between the Vikings and the Rancho 9 ways.. I
would buy the Viking adjustables
wave

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 07:54 PM

Between the Vikings and the Rancho 9 ways.. I
would buy the Viking adjustables
wave

Mike, Who sells Vikings Shocks? I can't find any seller to buy by internet

Thanks

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By KOS
super cool ride never seen one before....kinda similiar to the aussie stuff but even better smile

Thanks Man! Was a very cool ride!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 08:40 PM

Video with all six runs of my car:

https://www.facebook.com/EquipeJcracing/videos/1373619595981503/
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 09:03 PM

In my opinion, it's EASY to see why it bounces. It's got a fairly stiff segment(by the way you need more clamps on front) not huge power and basically ZERO housing control because of the shocks. So it's got enough uummph to flex the spring, but it can't hold it and the shocks are doing nothing. That's just my thoughts though
Posted By: KOS

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/21/16 11:12 PM

looks like one of the quickest cars there!!!!nice makes us mopar guys proud.
i would do both shocks and sliders asap.have you ever run it without the bars?my 68charger runs about the same with low 1.5s 60ft with just leafs similiar to yours rancho 9ways set 5-7clicks full stiff no bars.my 70 dart ran mid 1.3s with just Super Stocks and CE 3ways.i went to full calvert setup and gained nothing.just some food for thought.......
Posted By: markz528

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/23/16 04:28 AM

Curious where the track is. I know its not close to you, but I believe there is a track in Curitiba. I go to that area several times a year and always wanted to go to an event but has not yet worked out.

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/23/16 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
In my opinion, it's EASY to see why it bounces. It's got a fairly stiff segment(by the way you need more clamps on front) not huge power and basically ZERO housing control because of the shocks. So it's got enough uummph to flex the spring, but it can't hold it and the shocks are doing nothing. That's just my thoughts though

Thank you Monte! I really appreciate your advices. Your suggestion is add more clamps in the front spring segment + good shocks also?

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/23/16 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By KOS

looks like one of the quickest cars there!!!!nice makes us mopar guys proud.
i would do both shocks and sliders asap.have you ever run it without the bars?my 68charger runs about the same with low 1.5s 60ft with just leafs similiar to yours rancho 9ways set 5-7clicks full stiff no bars.my 70 dart ran mid 1.3s with just Super Stocks and CE 3ways.i went to full calvert setup and gained nothing.just some food for thought.......

Thanks Man! Car ran very good for me because my old best time was 7.35@98.20

In the past, I ran without bars and was terrible I had Wheel Hop. About the shocks and sliders, this is the plan plus mono leaf springs...

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/23/16 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By markz528
Curious where the track is. I know its not close to you, but I believe there is a track in Curitiba. I go to that area several times a year and always wanted to go to an event but has not yet worked out.

Hi Mark, This track is in Nova Santa Rita - RS. www.velopark.com.br

Curitiba has AIC, but unfortunatly we don't have many events there. Last year AIC almost closed. When you will go to Curitiba, please send me a message that I can go there also.
Posted By: markz528

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/23/16 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By markz528

Hi Mark, This track is in Nova Santa Rita - RS. www.velopark.com.br

Curitiba has AIC, but unfortunatly we don't have many events there. Last year AIC almost closed. When you will go to Curitiba, please send me a message that I can go there also.

I have no plans at this time, but I will be there a few times next year. Was there twice this year (should of been 3 times but got someone to go for me). Was there 4 times last year.

I actually go to Jaragua do Sul in Santa Catarina which is about 2 hours from Curitiba.

I will definitely send you a note when I have plans to be there!
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: My New Best - Brazil - 12/24/16 02:23 AM

I went with the Cal trac system years back and upgraded to vikings and sliders.If you choose to go with sliders it will lower the rear a tad.
Looks like your blowing the rear tires off in the vid.

My New Best - Brazil (Updated) - 12/18/17 12:23 PM

Yeah, finally My Dodge is back to the track and as I said in another topic I was changing from Super Victor to Tunnel Ram Setup and some changes on suspension to reduce bouncing on the start.

My best ET so far was 1.58 / 4.50 / 6.98@100.06

I ran only 3 times on the weekend. because the day was very hot. The track temperature reached 162 degrees and after we almost fry, rain! mad

Special thanks for humpty for all advices to adjust suspension and Dominic Thumper for advices to fine tunne on Tunnel Ram setup.

I'm still working... lol... next step is change to sliders and mono leaf. punkrocka

Attached picture Timeslip.jpeg

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/19/17 01:57 PM

Ride to the Track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sex7t9MaUbg

Attached picture 953863553img_0524.jpg
Attached picture 1059060365img_0521.jpg
Attached picture 2131000990img_0528.jpg
Attached picture 1990241404img_1192.jpg
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/19/17 04:00 PM

Beautiful car!
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 02:33 AM

I'm looking at the weight of the car. And the mph.. thing is making big Power.. I just love that body style I wish I could get my hands on one.. I watched your video I so wanted to see roll on that Camaro...
Posted By: ProSport

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 03:39 AM

Congrats, cool car!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 11:45 AM

Thank you Shiloh, your compliments means alot because your car is like an inspiration for me. She still fat but I'm starting work in some weight reduction nothing so radical but I hope reduce around 100lbs. Engine loved Tunnel Ram and I could feel big difference mainly on throttle response. I was running little lean and I think that I can run on 6.6s just correcting that.

Camaro is owned of a great friend, his name is Diego also. lol. He ran his best in 6.4s this weekend. Basically we have same weight, his engine is bigger than mine (SBC 427 vs SBM 360) and make more power than me mainly because he had great AFR heads vs My Edelbrock RPMs. He is a great friend and tough competitor.

Next step is finally change from OEM leaf springs to Calvert Monoleafs, install sliders and build a 8 point roll bar to have a better chassis stiffness.

By the way, if you want a Brazilian Dodge Charger R/T please let me know. up

Attached picture WhatsApp Image 2017-12-17 at 15.27.08.jpeg
Posted By: dart_73_br

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 03:16 PM

Congrats Diego! One of the coolest mopars around here!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 05:39 PM

Thank you Fernando... Good to see you are here at Moparts also.
Posted By: Dadodgekid

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED >> - 12/20/17 08:38 PM

Thats killer the tunnel ram worked out and picked up mph too! Sweet ride too!!

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED 2021 >> - 09/28/21 01:30 AM

Hello Guys!!!

Last updates at my car worked very well. Installed a 8 point roll cage, monoleafs, sliders and slant 6 torsion bars. No changes at the Engine so far.

I still fighting against weight transfer but the car launch much better. I will try to get a video to share here.

Attached picture IMG-20210918-WA0041.jpg
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: My New Best - Brazil - << UPDATED 2021 >> - 09/29/21 07:09 PM

Nice car, thanks for sharing!
© 2024 Moparts Forums