Quote:

Quote:

Hello, recently I put my dakota back to stock. Now I have all these parta (stall converter, ported edelbrock heads, crane valve train, etc.) just laying around. Well, a friend of mine has a 410 or 416 stroker in his dakota and just turned over 10.80s in the quarter with his, so I would like to do a stroker project. I was loking at the 426 small block stroker kit for the Magnum block but I wanted to see if that's really the best way to go about it. All my stuff is Magnum whereas his stuff is LA. I would prefer to stay Magnum as I'm already half way there. So what's the word on the 426 kit?

His truck wouldn't happen to be red would it? About a 95 model? Goes by Copperdodge? lol. I was glad to see him bust off some 10 sec passes. I had been telling him he was only some cal-tracs and a set of slicks away. His first pass was a 10.9x @ 122 mph and he was grinning from ear to ear.A few passes later went a 10.88. Not too bad for driving it there, swapping tires, and then driving it back home again. He's driven it to tracks that were 3 hours away each way. Thats been a good motor for both of us.

Yessir, that would be the one. I would say it's an inspirational one for me. I was looking at 87-95 dakotas this past weekend and found a '88 V8 RC up by Bristol, TN. Just wish I had the $1,000 on hand to get it.