Cool Old Track. The Mopar race car turn out was tremendous. MUCH better than the Nationals in my opinion. Must have been 300+ Mopar racers there. That was the good part. The concession stands were well ran and the food was excellent.For the most part, the cars were hooking really well. With the exception being some of the KOS cars that were just blowing the tires off on the line.
BUT
The negatives were too many though. NO lights at all on the pit side, where most of the racers were. While the Spectator side of the track and the cornfield behind it was lit up like a football stadium. Very POORLY ran racing and just not enough track crew. They did work hard, bit It Took them over an hour each time to clean up each oil or water issue. Just not enough track personnel for this large turnout. TOO Many Chevy truck's running 15 seconds or slower were racing. I understand having the Mopars versus the world if you have a small turn out of Mopars as in the past, but I did not drive over 4 hours one way just to watch a bunch of chevrlet street trucks and chevy powered dragsters run down the track. I can see those at my local track. I came to see and watch Mopars run.
Josh, IF it is Mopar versus the World again next year, I doubt you will have as large of a turn out. I was pitted with several racers from Atl area and they were all frustrated at the long delays and why would management feel the need to run junior dragsters and motorcycles. Friday racing was to start at 8 PM. First round did not finish by my count before 11 PM. Same thing again on Saturday. Gates opened at 9 AM and racing was to start at 5PM. We Only got one time trial because of several long cleanup's by the undermanned track crew. Did I mention way too many brand X cars and trucks there. (One of the ATL racers said the Friday nights Gambler race did not end until after 2 AM. Unfortunatley I could not stay later than 12. Had to take grandson to hotel so he could sleep.)
On Saturday, racing started promptly at 5 PM. I left Saturday night at 11:30 and my nephew had only made one run in eliminations because of the numerous down time and running all of the other non Mopar crap (18 second Chevy trucks and vans, Junior dragsters, too many street cars running quarter mile.)
Very frustrated in the poorly run racing action. Sorry for being so negative, I just had to get that frustration out there.
BUT I was really glad we went and very happy with the MOPAR turnout. The Mopars there was awesome. The HEMI super stockers were worth the trip in itself. Matt Hensley's SS/AH car is awesome. So were the other 30+ SS Hemi cars. I think I have said before, my favorite class is the Nostalgia Super Stockers as I relate to these cars from back in my youth. I counted over 50 of them in sttaging early in the day. I Just would have liked to see them run more than all of the other non Mopar junk.
I picked up some really good deals on racing parts and my buddy picked up a couple fo really good deals on restoration parts. And I got some great pictures. i will try to post them IF I can figure out how to link the pictures from my phone.
Josh I hope you will be involved next year and I also hope you can make some changes to the race format... Less or no world cars or just run the world cars on Friday, but not on Saturday and Sunday. That would allow the Mopars to get more runs in.
ALL around, i would give it a 7.

Old Geezer Racing