Moparts

Thoughts on Monster Mopar South

Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/25/16 07:41 PM

Cool Old Track. The Mopar race car turn out was tremendous. MUCH better than the Nationals in my opinion. Must have been 300+ Mopar racers there. That was the good part. The concession stands were well ran and the food was excellent.For the most part, the cars were hooking really well. With the exception being some of the KOS cars that were just blowing the tires off on the line.
BUT
The negatives were too many though. NO lights at all on the pit side, where most of the racers were. While the Spectator side of the track and the cornfield behind it was lit up like a football stadium. Very POORLY ran racing and just not enough track crew. They did work hard, bit It Took them over an hour each time to clean up each oil or water issue. Just not enough track personnel for this large turnout. TOO Many Chevy truck's running 15 seconds or slower were racing. I understand having the Mopars versus the world if you have a small turn out of Mopars as in the past, but I did not drive over 4 hours one way just to watch a bunch of chevrlet street trucks and chevy powered dragsters run down the track. I can see those at my local track. I came to see and watch Mopars run.
Josh, IF it is Mopar versus the World again next year, I doubt you will have as large of a turn out. I was pitted with several racers from Atl area and they were all frustrated at the long delays and why would management feel the need to run junior dragsters and motorcycles. Friday racing was to start at 8 PM. First round did not finish by my count before 11 PM. Same thing again on Saturday. Gates opened at 9 AM and racing was to start at 5PM. We Only got one time trial because of several long cleanup's by the undermanned track crew. Did I mention way too many brand X cars and trucks there. (One of the ATL racers said the Friday nights Gambler race did not end until after 2 AM. Unfortunatley I could not stay later than 12. Had to take grandson to hotel so he could sleep.)
On Saturday, racing started promptly at 5 PM. I left Saturday night at 11:30 and my nephew had only made one run in eliminations because of the numerous down time and running all of the other non Mopar crap (18 second Chevy trucks and vans, Junior dragsters, too many street cars running quarter mile.)
Very frustrated in the poorly run racing action. Sorry for being so negative, I just had to get that frustration out there.
BUT I was really glad we went and very happy with the MOPAR turnout. The Mopars there was awesome. The HEMI super stockers were worth the trip in itself. Matt Hensley's SS/AH car is awesome. So were the other 30+ SS Hemi cars. I think I have said before, my favorite class is the Nostalgia Super Stockers as I relate to these cars from back in my youth. I counted over 50 of them in sttaging early in the day. I Just would have liked to see them run more than all of the other non Mopar junk.
I picked up some really good deals on racing parts and my buddy picked up a couple fo really good deals on restoration parts. And I got some great pictures. i will try to post them IF I can figure out how to link the pictures from my phone.
Josh I hope you will be involved next year and I also hope you can make some changes to the race format... Less or no world cars or just run the world cars on Friday, but not on Saturday and Sunday. That would allow the Mopars to get more runs in.
ALL around, i would give it a 7.
Posted By: 64hemi330sedan

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 06:22 AM

well I will only give it a three. I showed up early Saturday morning entered n/ss for both days. we had to pit in a mosquito infested area that was more fit for a off road jeep than a drag car. the track itself was hooking good. my car had some great sixty foot times and ran well for as warm as it was. the food was good and the bathroom was clean but everything else was way to disorganized. in my opinion the staff was no way prepared to deal with that large of a car count and had no clue of how to do a ladder for n/ss. I wont get in to the details on here of the jerk around I got first round in the staging lanes but will tell you that it was enough for me to pack up and go home. I had enough and did not stay for sunday. I agree with you on the world cars. I would not go again if it stays that way.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 03:55 PM

I can attest to some unforeseens without a doubt.

1st - We will be eliminating the World portion of the bracket races moving forward.

2nd - The plan for next year is to hire Kurt Johnson (Prior Indy and Norwalk track Manager) to come in with his equipment and prep and maintain the surface. This will drastically reduce the down time. There were numerous oil downs Saturday and that really slowed things down. It is a smaller facility who had a car count at this event last year of 60 - 70 cars. We had almost 300 this year. We knew it was going to be a decent event but so with only 30 days to promote it I also wasn't prepaired for the support the mopar community showed and I am appreciative.

3rd - Lights will be addressed on the return road for sure. Utilizing diesel powered light stands in numerous locations once it gets dark.

4th - I find this most important is start time - we will be starting the event first thing in the morning next year. Gates at 8 and track will go hot at 9am. That alone will help significantly.

There was some smaller learning curves like the NSS ladder which is behind us and the amount of staff that was scheduled.

Saturday was tough but Sunday was a much better situation with an earlier start time and much fewer oildowns.

I don't want to set it in stone for 2017 but if these changes are enough to Keep everyone's support, we will continue to be a part of this event.

Thanks for everyone and if anyone wants to discuss anything personally please don't hesitate to call!

317 681 4546

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 03:57 PM

In addition in 2017 there will be more MMW staff onsite to keep the tower and racing program moving along.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 04:28 PM

Pretty sure this is Josh's first race at this track. I'm sure he will get these issues worked out. he is one of the better MOPAR race promoters. Maybe a Thank You for putting on a race for MOPAR race would be nice after your comments! THANKS Josh

Ray
Posted By: dvw

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 04:38 PM

Nothing could be done about the oil downs. They had limited equipment so it was painfully slow. However they did an excellent job. The finish line needs to be lit. You can't find the stripe at night. There were very few "world" cars in Mod on Sunday, maybe 5? The biggest oil down Saturday was caused by an early Valiant. Restrooms were nice. Staff was very friendly. Track hooked.
Doug
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 04:39 PM

I think he will have the bugs worked out for next year. Good luck to you Josh!!

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 04:45 PM

well sir if you are talking to me I'm sure josh knows that I appreciate all that he does. seeing that I have been to many of his races. have you? hell I have even stuck up for him when people were calling him a theif on this fourm and took grief for it. my comments were not a shot at josh. it was about how I was treated by the person in the staging lane. with that I'm done and have no further comments.
Posted By: 66 Belvedere

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 05:13 PM

I have no problem with anybody giving their comments. No I have not been to one of his events. My point is Saying Thank You after comments, and that was directed for everyone. Seems thank You and You're Welcome get fogotten thats all.

Ray
Posted By: SportF

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 05:23 PM

I thought it was great event. Gang remember, from past events this was not necessarily expected to be this big, so there was some problems. And they all can be easily fixed, live and learn.

There may have been trouble with the NSS ladder but got that fixed perfectly.

Overall this was a great event with lots of neat cars racing, nice show cars, and a track staff that worked till 3:00AM in the morning!!!!!!!!

I came down from Minnesota and raced in NSS and had a great time racing two days in a row. We had 28 cars racing, and unfortunately a couple others that broke and couldn't make it.

Thanks Mountain Park raceway! I'll see you next year.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By 64hemi330sedan
well sir if you are talking to me I'm sure josh knows that I appreciate all that he does. seeing that I have been to many of his races. have you? hell I have even stuck up for him when people were calling him a theif on this fourm and took grief for it. my comments were not a shot at josh. it was about how I was treated by the person in the staging lane. with that I'm done and have no further comments.

I was unaware of any track personnel being disrespectful and I will address that with the track.

I do hate reading people who had a less then awesome time. But that's part of it. We always take this info and use it to better the events.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By SportF
I thought it was great event. Gang remember, from past events this was not necessarily expected to be this big, so there was some problems. And they all can be easily fixed, live and learn.

There may have been trouble with the NSS ladder but got that fixed perfectly.

Overall this was a great event with lots of neat cars racing, nice show cars, and a track staff that worked till 3:00AM in the morning!!!!!!!!

I came down from Minnesota and raced in NSS and had a great time racing two days in a row. We had 28 cars racing, and unfortunately a couple others that broke and couldn't make it.

Thanks Mountain Park raceway! I'll see you next year.

A Huge Thanks to you for not only coming down but also the help when I learned the ladder had been made incorrectly. You saved my rear!!!

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 05:55 PM

It was all fun Josh. Glad to help.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By joshking440
I can attest to some unforeseens without a doubt.

1st - We will be eliminating the World portion of the bracket races moving forward.

2nd - The plan for next year is to hire Kurt Johnson (Prior Indy and Norwalk track Manager) to come in with his equipment and prep and maintain the surface. This will drastically reduce the down time. There were numerous oil downs Saturday and that really slowed things down. It is a smaller facility who had a car count at this event last year of 60 - 70 cars. We had almost 300 this year. We knew it was going to be a decent event but so with only 30 days to promote it I also wasn't prepaired for the support the mopar community showed and I am appreciative.

3rd - Lights will be addressed on the return road for sure. Utilizing diesel powered light stands in numerous locations once it gets dark.

4th - I find this most important is start time - we will be starting the event first thing in the morning next year. Gates at 8 and track will go hot at 9am. That alone will help significantly.

There was some smaller learning curves like the NSS ladder which is behind us and the amount of staff that was scheduled.

Saturday was tough but Sunday was a much better situation with an earlier start time and much fewer oildowns.

I don't want to set it in stone for 2017 but if these changes are enough to Keep everyone's support, we will continue to be a part of this event.

Thanks for everyone and if anyone wants to discuss anything personally please don't hesitate to call!

317 681 4546

This would be enough to satisfy me and our clan.
I met Kurt Johnson at I-40/Crossville a couple of weeks ago and is an awesome dude. They had a couple of oil downs while we were at I-40 and Kurt and his crew had it cleaned and racing in no time.
The lights would be a big improvement for pit road side and I definitely plan to be back next year if Josh is involved again.
Said it in my first post above, but will say it again. Loved the Mopar part and all of the Mopar race cars and Thanks again Josh for helping put this on.
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/26/16 11:52 PM

I made two attempts Friday night at the track and left. The track needed to be better and have less farm trucks on it for me.
Posted By: scottb

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 12:00 AM

Sounds like Josh is fixing that problem so why not at least give the guy a break he was not in charge of the whole event he will make things right .If it was so easy to put a race on and make money everyone would do it im sure
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:10 AM

KOS cars had trouble, yes. A few guys need radial prep which is not practical.

As for me, can't really say. I bought a new converter when my guy said he didn't know when he would have mine fixed. Well they dropped the ball and totally missed the part where I have a nitrous motor and even suggested a gear change. Both were gauranteed to cause trouble.

That said met some great people, great breakfast Saturday morning.

Blew me away the girl working staging lanes couldn't see numbers on cars or "PT" on the window means pro tree. Paid good money to test Friday night. Most tracks have a protree lane, just a suggestion.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:24 AM

I will agree with most of what has already been stated.
We arrived 2pm fri afternoon, got pitted and unloaded and then waited. Decided not to buy back into gambers race when 2nd round was going to start just before midnite. With the long day at the track plus traveling, we were ready to rest. Back to the track at 10 am sat, left sun morning around 4 am (immediatly after being eliminated), back to the track before 11 am sun, in the finals sun afternoon. Got back home just before midnite sunday.
The track crew preped the track, almost to a fault, although it took a long time each time. BUT, we can't blame the track crew for fouling up the track (we, the racers did that!). I was the first car down the lane after they cleaned and re-preped it from the burn out area to the end of the 1/4 mile sat night, and the track was awesome.
One other change that I would offer in addition to what Josh has stated, is that we have a "self-imposed" curfew of maybe 1 am. If nothing else, to be better neighbors, but also for safety. Nothing bad happened that i'm aware of, but its just an accident looking for a place to happen. Racers there 12 hours fri, 17 or 18 hours sat and 7 or 8 sun. Track crew was there longer than that. When you have that many people working like that, its inevitable that something is going to get over looked or forgotten, then disaster happens. When we reach the "curfew", finnish that round, split it up and move on to the next day or suspend the racing and finnish it the next day.
It was good to see so many of our "racing family" and meet many new ones. We really enjoy coming to this event. I hope that canges can be made to make it more enjoyable for all next year.
Josh, thanks for all you did and are planning to do. It was good to finally meet you too.
Hope to see you all next year, Brian Dunnigan

Attached picture MOPAR Southern Classis 9-16 K 530.JPG

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By '72CudaRacer
I will agree with most of what has already been stated.
We arrived 2pm fri afternoon, got pitted and unloaded and then waited. Decided not to buy back into gambers race when 2nd round was going to start just before midnite. With the long day at the track plus traveling, we were ready to rest. Back to the track at 10 am sat, left sun morning around 4 am (immediatly after being eliminated), back to the track before 11 am sun, in the finals sun afternoon. Got back home just before midnite sunday.
The track crew preped the track, almost to a fault, although it took a long time each time. BUT, we can't blame the track crew for fouling up the track (we, the racers did that!). I was the first car down the lane after they cleaned and re-preped it from the burn out area to the end of the 1/4 mile sat night, and the track was awesome.
One other change that I would offer in addition to what Josh has stated, is that we have a "self-imposed" curfew of maybe 1 am. If nothing else, to be better neighbors, but also for safety. Nothing bad happened that i'm aware of, but its just an accident looking for a place to happen. Racers there 12 hours fri, 17 or 18 hours sat and 7 or 8 sun. Track crew was there longer than that. When you have that many people working like that, its inevitable that something is going to get over looked or forgotten, then disaster happens. When we reach the "curfew", finnish that round, split it up and move on to the next day or suspend the racing and finnish it the next day.
It was good to see so many of our "racing family" and meet many new ones. We really enjoy coming to this event. I hope that canges can be made to make it more enjoyable for all next year.
Josh, thanks for all you did and are planning to do. It was good to finally meet you too.
Hope to see you all next year, Brian Dunnigan

Atta boy Brian
Getting to the finals with all of those quality cars was a big deal. By the way, Seren never took your shirt off for 2 days and he had to wash it when he got home so he could wear it to school on Monday. Thanks for making his weekend special.
Jerry

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:44 AM

I meant to come over and meet you but every time one of us was suiting up. Next year.
Doug

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:45 AM

Glad he had a good time Jerry. Valerie was disapointed that she forgot to get him in the car for a photo. Nice to finally meet you.

Brian Dunnigan

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
I meant to come over and meet you but every time one of us was suiting up. Next year.
Doug

Same here Doug. I did get to meet several Moparts member this week end.

Brian
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 04:49 AM

300 cars and no pictures..... now I'm po'ed!! smile
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 05:37 AM

I think next year will go much smoother. It takes a little time to weed out problem areas.
Josh did a good job for what he had to work with. Sure got a great crowd there. We were there four years ago and there were only ten hemi and nss cars combined.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By poppaj
I think next year will go much smoother. It takes a little time to weed out problem areas.
Josh did a good job for what he had to work with. Sure got a great crowd there. We were there four years ago and there were only ten hemi and nss cars combined.

iagree This race will do nothing but get better over time and everyone needs to give it a chance and keep supporting it or it will die all together as thats where it was headed. This was a HUGE LEARNING CURVE for the track as they were not expecting over 300 cars and were not prepared for it either. I am sure it will be different next year.

For myself I did ok there. We had 28 cars in NSS on Saturday and I made it into the semi finals. Thanks to Walt, Doug and Barry for their help when my water pump quit working after the 2nd round win. Got it figured out and kept racing. In the Sunday race I had another issue just as we were getting ready to run the final and the car would not start! The opponent waited on me and there was Walt and Doug who went and got another battery to get the car going and then went to race. Took myself out when I went RED. Not a bad weekend when I can go into the semi's one day and the finals the next. I had a blast!!!

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/27/16 11:46 PM

Russ, I would say you had a pretty good week end! We had lot of NSS cars and great racing, weather, and great company.

I will see you there next year!

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:29 AM

pictures. Sory for the crappy quality. Old Cell phone.

Attached picture 1.png
Attached picture 2.png
Attached picture 3.png
Attached picture 4.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:31 AM

Dang! Gotta b more careful. A Chvrlet snuck into one of my pictures.

Attached picture 5.png
Attached picture 6.png
Attached picture 7.png
Attached picture 8.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:34 AM

more pics

Attached picture 9.png
Attached picture 11.png
Attached picture 12.png
Attached picture 13.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:41 AM

more 422

Attached picture 13.png
Attached picture 14.png
Attached picture 15.png
Attached picture 16.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:44 AM

Picture of Behemoth says Tender Fender

Attached picture 17.png
Attached picture 18.png
Attached picture 19.png
Attached picture 20.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:47 AM

Dang! Now an Edsel snuck into the last picture

Attached picture 21.png
Attached picture 22.png
Attached picture 23.png
Attached picture 24.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 03:50 AM

more pictures. Again please excuse the crappy photo taking. I really Need to update my camera/phone. LOL

Attached picture Dodge Material VS Smith.png
Attached picture staging 1.png
Attached picture 30.png
Attached picture 29.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:16 AM

More Mopars

Attached picture 4 door racer.png
Attached picture 26.png
Attached picture 28.png
Attached picture 25.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
300 cars and no pictures..... now I'm po'ed!! smile

I can't figure out how to post more than a few at a time, but if any of you are on face book, my wife has many pictures of this event. "Valerie Duncan Brown Dunnigan"
Also my co-crew chief, "Terry Ferrell" has a bunch on FB.

Brian Dunnigan

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:20 AM

who won n/ss and hemi on sat and sunday?

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:20 AM

a couple more

Attached picture 27.png
Attached picture 31.png
Attached picture 32.png
Attached picture 33.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:22 AM

couple nice cars

Attached picture 35.png
Attached picture 36.png
Attached picture 37.png
Attached picture 38.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:25 AM

the winner and still champion

Attached picture Dunnigan.png
Attached picture interior super stock.png
Attached picture Matt Hensley.png
Attached picture Joes ride.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:30 AM

IF I knew the names of the drivers I would post them. Please feel free to tag anyone you know

Attached picture 39.png

Description: Had the water pump off this Duster. Fixed it and was the first car up in eliminations. Car made a VIOLANT hard right turn as soon as hel hit it on the starting line. He saved it. Announcer said he leaked water and it got under his tire. Must not ha
Attached picture 40.png
Attached picture 41.png
Attached picture 42.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:34 AM

I have more but the phone is crapping out.

Description: I wish my brother and I had a SS/AH Car that was bad A$$
Attached picture 43.png
Attached picture 44.png
Attached picture 45.png
Attached picture 46.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:38 AM

Super Stockers... The BIG $$

Description: I love this 64
Attached picture 47.png

Description: I used to race Bob back in the 70's in IHRA Super Stock
Attached picture 48.png
Attached picture 49.png

Description: Running with a 25 year old engine and the stock cross Ram.
Attached picture 50.png
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:40 AM

I think on Saturday Hemi was a split between Buehler and Murphy and on Sunday Smith was winner and Buehler was runner up.

In NSS on Saturday Newmeyer was winner and the Behmoth (do not know his name) was runner up and on Sunday Newmeyer was winner again and I was runner up.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:41 AM

Pictures do not do it justice. THis 69 Charger running in KOS could win a lot of show car trophies. Never got to see him make a real clean run.

Attached picture KOS.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:46 AM

Last ones for now. Phone is dead... again...

Attached picture 51.png
Attached picture 52.png
Attached picture 53.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 04:48 AM

OK this is the last 2

Attached picture 55.png
Attached picture 56.png
Posted By: joe teuton

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 08:06 AM

Had a great time running super stock hemi class and was very impressed with all the competition in class, also great turn out of n/ss as well. Things will only get better as josh continues to make improvements and upgrades all the problems, thx for giving us a place and events to race hope you have more,thx again Joe teuton ss/ah hemi 4426.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 02:09 PM

Thanks Joe!

I appreciate all your support and look forward to seeing you at future events. It's folks like you and your crew that make doing these worth it!!

Hope that you do well this coming weekend.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 07:25 PM

I have been attending this race for over ten straight years and saw the steady decline it has been going through. Last year I thought they would have to stop doing it because of the LOW car count. Keep in mind these people never thought it would be like this. The car count was awesome. If I remember correctly last year they only had one Hemi and put it in with a few Max Wedge cars to form a class. I spoke to one of the workers in the lanes Sunday and they had called him to come and help out so they know what they need to make it better. The track prep equipment and return road lighting is an easy fix for a guy like Josh and I'm sure he will take care of it. As for the girl being rude, I was around her a lot and didn't see it. I thought see worked her tail off as did the starting line crew. All in all I think the event surprised a lot of people and the potential to grow is huge.
Posted By: Frito

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By max_maniac

I think on Saturday Hemi was a split between Buehler and Murphy and on Sunday Smith was winner and Buehler was runner up.

In NSS on Saturday Newmeyer was winner and the Behmoth (do not know his name) was runner up and on Sunday Newmeyer was winner again and I was runner up.

The owner of the Behemoth is Carl (Pete) Roberts. He has owned the car going on three years now and has a lot of fun with it. BTW it is a legal NHRA C/SA car. BTW, Buehler Is HOT. Has been winner or runner up in the last four races he has entered. Squeek finished up Danny's motor on Wednesday just in time to make the race.
Posted By: moprod

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 09:54 PM

The tower side of the track was parking for SS HEMI & NSS. What you have happen is "well my buddy runs this class and we need to park together" situations. And, all the other makes were told to park in the big show field Friday night while the Mopar cars were to be parked in regular pit areas.
There were still many spaces available to park on the other pit side.
It was a task to park as many cars as we had on the tower side of the track. I worked it all day long Friday. Just that side of the track.
Even when people were told that there was no more spaces in that area they tried anyway.

The track crew worked very hard to keep a clean surface for all racers. Oil downs caused so much delay. And the staff worked till 4 in the morning finishing the Sat race and scraping the track.
The track was hooking for sure.

It was a great event, awesome race cars and yes, hot. We so look forward to doing it again and areas of concern will be addressed at a future meeting.

Thank you to all who participated!!!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 11:01 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Posted By: 440GTX

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/28/16 11:28 PM

Couple of us drove 14 hours from NY for this event friday night made a test hit it. I thought i made a mistake coming the return road lighting was bad but Saturday the track got much better with the best pass of 5.14 with 1.14 60 ft, I know this was a last minute event for Josh with a couple of weeks to prepare it can only get better so thank you Josh for giving us a place to race.....

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 12:27 AM

Cool picts! Thank you!!! Lots of quality cars for sure. If only I were east of the big muddy.... Bad lighting on top end??? Real cars have HEADLIGHTS!! laugh2 (it's on my "too do" list, we have a track or two that you have to whip the white cane out for smile )

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:02 AM

As stated the top end lighting was tough if you were trying to drive the stripe. The blond haired girl in staging did a great job and seem ed very friendly to us.
Doug

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:15 AM

I got pictures of about half of the cars there.
Here are a few more

Attached picture 60.png
Attached picture 61.png
Attached picture 62.png

Description: Cool 68 Wagon and it ran consistent
Attached picture 68 Wagon.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:18 AM

4 more

Attached picture 68RR for sale.png

Description: This original RR was for sale
Attached picture 69RR forsale.png
Attached picture 70.png

Description: NICE FLIP FLOP Paint
Attached picture 71.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:22 AM

more

Attached picture 72.png
Attached picture 73.png
Attached picture 74.png
Attached picture 75.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:24 AM

Attached picture 76.png
Attached picture 77.png
Attached picture 78.png
Attached picture 79.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:26 AM

Attached picture 80.png
Attached picture 81.png
Attached picture 82.png
Attached picture 83.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:30 AM

Orignal six Pack

Attached picture Orig 6 pack.png
Attached picture Orig 67.png
Attached picture Demon KY Thunder.png
Attached picture Mopar power rail.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:40 AM

fast

Attached picture 84.png
Attached picture 85.png
Attached picture 86.png
Attached picture 87.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:42 AM

Attached picture 88.png
Attached picture Bad TSI turbo.png
Attached picture crick n staging lanes.png
Attached picture Iron Butterfly.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:46 AM

Final Pictures. Wish I had taken my expensive camera with me instead of relying on my crappy cell phone. Next year I will be better prepared.

Attached picture Lebaron.png
Attached picture Loading up late night.png
Attached picture Nice 69.png
Attached picture Where is Rob.png

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
The blond haired girl in staging did a great job and seem ed very friendly to us.
Doug

Her name is Amy Arnold and she is a racer at Mountain Park, but her car is broke right now. So says my wife.

Brian Dunnigan

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 04:07 AM

The last pic that Jerry put up is for his brother Rob, Where is you and your Hemi Road Runner???!!! Hahaha!

Brian
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 05:49 PM

This is a Great MOPAR Race that has been declining over the years. It was great to see larger car count for this event. Clay City is a good facility with great starting line. We have raced there for years and always been treated right. The crew at Clay City did a good job and they can't be blamed for oil downs, they did their best. Better equipment next year for clean ups will be a huge improvement, per Josh. ( Frito's spaghetti was also the talk of the drag strip if you were lucky enough to get to try some). THANKS to ALL that helped keep another MOPAR Race going, we will be there next year and had a Great time.
Thanks / Gary

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 09:23 PM

My only pic from fri night. This car was dialed in.

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 09:50 PM

sheesh! I can't wait for next year and I'm not even going! thanks again for the picts... appears it was a tube chassis Daytona convention laugh2

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
sheesh! I can't wait for next year and I'm not even going! thanks again for the picts... appears it was a tube chassis Daytona convention laugh2

😎 almost, I have a tube chassi Avenger lol😁
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Thoughts on Monster Mopar South - 09/29/16 10:50 PM

Thank you to Josh putting on the event !

I attended Saturday only,,, got there when gates opened,, @9am.

Parked in the weeds at the very end of the track, pit side, but that was ok, looked like alot of cars....

"Tech" was open at 10am,,,pretty sketchy,,just drove my bike up there and handed the guy my paperwork and he gave me a run card,,,didn't even ask if i had a car there,,several other racers,,,,sitting in there car waiting for tech,,,i suppose they figured out no one was going to look at their cars....not sure if that would have helped with any cars that leaked or had issues on the track...?,,

Racing was supposed to start @ 11am,,,,,

I made my first time run at 3pm.....no one at the water box ,,no water at the box,,just got a wave from a guy up near the tree who didn't even look back at us in the water box..

Track seemed to hook fine....

announcement that only one qualifying run was going to happen and straight into eliminations...
No problem,,,,there were alot of oil downs...and they were trying hard with what they had to clean things up.....

First elimination run at 630 pm...........

No further calls for our class until 1130pm that night for our second run,,,but I left at 1030pm,,,had enough,,,and had to get home for 2 hour ride....
$50 to run twice that day..

All good though,,,I would attend again, and will continue to support the Mopar events and feel lucky most of them are within driving distance for me...It should get better with Josh running things,,,and he seems receptive to what happened and sounds like he wants to know what everyone experienced...thanks Josh..
© 2024 Moparts Forums