Originally Posted By Street Monkies
I am going to guess a lot of these parts weren't just laying around. It just seems to me that this motor is way more trick then it needs to be to make that kind of power. The intake flow on the heads dictate it should be making over 700 hp. I'm sure a lot of it was lost trying to make as much torque as possible with different parts limiting hp out put, but it seems to me with some changes it could have made the torque, and made the hp it should have. That's great that they pulled off the Windows in the block, but I don't think that was needed, better parts matching was needed more.

The cross section of the port was 2.850" which was the target for maximum torque over the entire RPM range. I could have installed a larger cam and come very close to 700hp or more but the score would have sucked. I could have executed the port work better and should have spent way more time on the headers. I also burned up too much time on the EFI when the carb scored better. Its always the goal to make "the HP" along with "the TQ" but actually doing it is something else all together. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3