Originally Posted By Street Monkies
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/1504-this-chrysler-big-block-has-a-twist-windows-in/
Is it me or would you guys think of doing thing's differently with the combination of this engine?. I can understand the rules, and certain thing's, but they were plenty of things they could have done differently and still be within the rules. Is anyone else think they should have went more lift on the cam, touch more duration, bigger chamber in this case for better piston design, longer connecting rods, different intake manifold, more bore, different direction on head ports, especially helping that exhaust port out, and many more thing's to list. Very trick piece overall though. Let's hear your opinions.

The name of the game is small bore/big stroke and forget peak power its all about the average, oh and try to stay around 400 cubes. Check out Kaase's 404 cube Boss, had a 3.695" bore x 4.700" stroke but benefitted from the Hemi heads obviously. As far as doing things differently of course there are tons of things to try and do differently but these things take $$$ and time. October comes up pretty fast for the average shop and I am an average shop. Jump in and give it a try. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3