Originally Posted By GTXMEX

Still don't know what initially caused the issue.

It is possible your distributor was not totally secure and moved on you.

I doubt a Cloys double roller would stretch enough for you to notice even at 40k miles. Disconnect your coil wire. Take the distributor cap off. Turn the engine by hand clockwise slightly until you notice the distributor rotor move. Mark the location of the rotor tip and the harmonic damper. Turn the crank the opposite direction and see how far it moves before the rotor starts moving. If you see movement almost immediately you do not have a timing chain issue.

Check your valve lash.

If you do not have any significant lash adjustments and your timing chain is good you may not have any real issue.

I would re-do the compression test, make sure the battery is charged, do the rear cylinders first. If you have access to the tooling a leak down test would not be a bad idea. If the rear cylinders are still low and you can't do a leak down test, do a "wet" test (tablespoon of oil in each) to see if it jumps up, if so that is a ring sealing issue.

I hope for your sake the distributor just moved and the only damage was to your shorts.

-Michael

Michael 1968 Barracuda Notchback Coupe 440 EFI 6-pack, T56 Magnum 6-spd