OK gentlemen, really need your help. Here's what's going on.

I have a 1969 GTX, 440, Hemi 4-speed, Dana 60 w/4.10''s, Took my dad for a ride around town, did a couple of rolling burn-outs. 3rd one I revved it to about 3000, dumped the clutch, it started to go good as usual, got mostly through 1st and heard a loud sound like a "PIIINNGGG!" kind of like to pieces of metal hitting. The engine then barely ran, idling very low (maybe 600 rpm's), giving it gas just seemed to make it worse, rolled another 50 yards or so and saw the oil pressure dropping. i turned off the engine at zero pounds of il pressure and pulled over.

Got the car home and drained the oil and pulled the filter. Oil looked fine though slight smell of gasoline. Cut open oil filter and saw no signs of metal failure,

Pulled distributor and oil pump drive shaft and both looked good. Cam gear where it meets oil pump drive shaft looked fine.

Removed oil pump and tore it apart. Some scoring on inside of pump and metal knick spots. But nothing obvious.

Car has electric fuel pump and has good fuel pressure.

Ordered new Mopar HV oil pump and hardened shaft to be on safe side. Thinking to put on new pump, add my 20/50 weight oil, prime the pump, installed new drive pump shaft and distributor and try and turn over the motor.

Any other thoughts???

Please help!

Thanks!