Here's the latest. Install the new high volume oil pump and spun if ccw with drill. Oil pressure read 70lbs. Took off the valve covers and turned the engine with wrench and socket on crank bolt. Turned free. No push rods looked damaged, nor did valve springs or rockers. (I have original max wedge rockers for what it's worth.)

I rotated the motor and confirmed all of the rockers went up and down completely without a problem. So put back on valve covers and took out all spart plugs.

I run NOS...

Found to spark plugs with partial melting of the spark plug tips. Also, to back most spark plugs were completely wet and one fouled with oil inside and out.

Changed spark plugs, gapped to .38 and tried starting motor. It would almost start and then backfire spitting gas through both carbs.

As an FYI I was not using NOS when the motor stopped running right and lost oil pressure.

Next step I guess it to do a compression test. If that passes I'll have to find someone local in Los Angeles to try and set timing as I'm guessing I messed it up taking distributor in and out and oil pump drive shaft.

Anyone else got any thoughts on what could be wrong?? Perhaps cracked pistons??