OK, here's the latest. we installed new MSD 8.5 wires today, regapped the plugs from 38 to 40 (some were close to 35), tightened the header bolts and a clamp around the header "slip sleeve" with one of the primary tubes, started up the car and no more noise. Shut it off, added some timing and it ran good. Added some more timing and it now idles at 800-900 rpm and has 13 inches of vacuum with no changes made to carbs. This is the MOST vacuum I've gotten in years and the car sounds great and runs smooth.

Still don't know what initially caused the issue. i will say I turned the car off once and turned it back on with no changes and the car idle and vacuum improve (rpm's by 200 and vacuum by almost 3"). I'm guessing it all still points to a sloppy timing chain or messed up gear in some way. We will put a timing light on it tomorrow and see if timing is bouncing around as it was suggested it would do if the timing chain is sloopy.

New question. One is with the new high volume Mopar oil pump installed I'm getting almost 80 psi o foil pressure versus 60 with my previous high volume pump with stock spring. Is this going to cause gaskets to fail or cause other problems for my engine? Do I need to reduce it?