Quote:

Quote:

There are some of them where the threads are thin on 1 side of the hole but using magnum gaskets and the Magnum spec of 12 ft lb instead of the LA 45 ft lb (I think the threads will "pull out" before I get there, and that gargantuan torque is mot needed on an alum intake even on a completely-LA engine.)

I would bet $$$ that you are going to end up with an intake leak only running 12 ft.lbs of torque instead of the 45 ft.lbs you are supposed to with an LA intake. Maybe not right after install, but eventually and the difference in the coeffecient of expansion between the aluminum intake and the cast iron heads will make it happen even quicker.

The different angles at which the threads go into the head is the reason for the different torque specs, when you are tightening sraight down with the Magnum pattern you are actually pushing the intake surface against the head surface, when you go in at an angle like the LA pattern you are pulling (stretching) the intake to the head thus the higher torque requirement.

Trust me, I'm a engines engineer, i.e. I design engines for a living. I can guarentee you are going to have problems with this set-up.

so i should just get the magnum intake?the airgap style one i mean?

it makes since why the heads have the bolts go in that way!