Originally Posted By gregsdart
What is your goal? Do you want to spend some $$, and about how much? I would go with heads first, if it is in budget. Keep the compression up there though, or it will cost you a lot of what the heads gain. You can run the lash tighter, which may provide a decent return on investment! Try the intakes first. (.016?)
On the heads, the sidewinders by trick flow may offer some advantages over the other aluminum heads. Keep an eye out for some results , hopefully accurate back to back tests against other aluminum heads.
Finally, fine tuning everything in the car may pay some dividends as well. Leave no stone unturned, if you haven't already. Guys here love to help,,,,,

Well, my goal is most bang for the bucks. I can spend a grand that Sidewinders cost, and maybe even two if the Trick Flow's are worth it. But I don't want have to buy new rockers or something else expensive.

With alu heads I guess I will be relatively safe with something like 11:1 on good gas?

Talking about lash I had to do some investigation, I don't have the papers that cam here right now. When I googled I found that Hughes specs .010/.012 for my cam, they call it "tight lash design cam series". I have to look in my papers, but I think they had a bigger number there. Thanks for the tip!

70 W100 Power Wagon. 318 4-spd
70 Sport Fury 440 2dr HT
71 Duster 340
71 Charger Super Bee - 383/727
72 Charger "Sabotage" - 440/727 - Street/Strip
78 Warlock in beautiful patina