first and foremost let me say this is not a rant on hughes cams or firecore. not the issue here. I the tuner am the problem. lack of know how and skills at performance tuning.

well the wait is over. back to square one.

put a brand new edelbrock 750cfm carb on. seems like it will be enough if I ever get it tuned.

wait 1 week

junked both truck projects, I had 1200$ in the two trucks. got 500$ cash.

ordered the Firecore RTR dist/coil/wires/heat shields = 491$ to the door.

wait 10 days

install dist/wires goes smooth, looks good, fire up and start tuning.

yep back to same square one...vac gauge, timing light, any where in the timing tab scale it runs like crap.

advance it out of the scale vac gauge goes up to 10+ idles comes up, revs good drives like poop.

so..? I do the thing I did not want to do (why I bought the firecore RTR dist in the first place) I have to take the brand new dist apart and change springs.

used and scratched up now, first thing DRIVE the collar pin out.

never having done this type of thing before I can see why I never tried. 2hrs getting the thing back together which I think I got it back together right?

much better with the light spring but no sweet spot to be found as far as drivability.

the low vac in gear 7" and 10" in N are no good for the vac pod, so what do I do about that? hook it up to full vac and it drives like poop either way. I see a lot run with out it. I don't get it? how is that done?

I am so frustrated I cant stand myself, I fired me 3 days ago.

so back to square one which = waiting to save up $ again.

I have not had/wanted a drink in 3yrs but after to nights trip around the block being a disappointment, I am ready junk the 440 all together and put the stock 318 back in and buy a bottle of Jim Beam.

OH! right after I save up some cash again.

Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 06/18/15 11:42 PM.