well been reading about PV and tuning the holley.

got the 650 dbl pumper close, but fighting the stock dist with points. I cant get it right.

watching the vac gauge as I cruz around I went back up from a 2.5 to a 7.5 and that seemed to be in the right direction.

get it to cruz, ok but idle sucked, crank up the curb idle, then it on the trans slots. I can dil the timing way back and get the mis-fire out of it but then it is a pig no guts, idle sucks in gear.

then Gorilla hand the wrench and striped the PV threds on the meter block, scratched up another one. made the whole thing way different? removed it and tried 2 holley spredbore carbs 650/800 I cleaned up with a fresh kit only to find both of them are old pieces of POOP! like the rest of my junk.

I "just" Had it close enough to make the cam break in and drive it a 1000 miles to run out of steam on it.

ever want something so bad that when you get it you find it is not as easy as it sounds to "JUST" have it.

no funds for any upgrades to the IGN system, out of carbs so looks like it goes to the back yard again for a while.

440 wires 1.jpeg440 wires 2.jpeg
Last edited by scratchnfotraction; 05/22/15 10:29 AM.