Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
I'm picking up a 60 Dodge Dart Phoenix in a couple of weeks. It's got a good running mystery rebuild 440 in it that I'm looking to tinker on. Currently it's got a stock intake, an edelbrock carb, stock manifolds, points distributor, stock torque converter and 2.76 gears. Mods I'm looking to do are Hedman shorty headers, CH28 intake with dual 9906 AVS's, ported 915 heads, a Petronix ignition, 3.23 sure grip, and possibly a higher stall converter. Also going to see what cam is in it and possibly replace it. Was thinking of a Summitt 6401 but the whiplash is looking pretty intriguing.
One neat thing about this engine is it has an 8 bolt crank, curious to see what else is inside

sounds cool. 8 bolt crank, now that HD/HP

I am running a 2.76 right now for highway action,and have a 3.23/3.91sg. also have the Edelbrock 440 RPM intake along with the Holley Street Dominator intake.

out of the 6 intakes I tried those two are the keeprs.

the holley is an improvement but looks like a lower PV is needed with it. I only get 5-6 inches of vac in gear at a 750-800 rpm idle. in N it idles close to 900-1000 rpm droping to the 750-800 abrubtly and almost stall then recovers slightly and chops away.

I know it close though.

my 318 gave me fits till I got the right PV in the 650 spredbore holley which is 8.5

IIRC when I rebuilt the 650 dbl pumper I used a 6.5 PV. I think I need to drop down to a 2.5 or 3.0 maybe?

the jets are 70 front/80 rear with 30cc pumps. this was just about perfect for the stock cam but a little rich.

I hope a PV change will fix it up. out of gas and cash at the moment.