Quote:

Oh, I've beat on some worn out junk before, Doug. That's why i referred to an expensive stroker to make my point.
Short story: I once put a very high miles junkyard 400 core in my car to run the rest of the season when I cracked a cylinder in the good stroker motor and didn't have a spare. I tore the motor down, honed the worn out cylinders, bought some .030" over 440 rings off Ebay and file fit them, and put it all back together with the lower mileage left over parts from the stroker motor and a cheap set of gaskets. I put some better heads on it and beat it until the used bearings started to rattle. Darn thing clogged my brand new radiator with rusty junk that was in the water jackets.
My point is, I had two hundred dollars in the motor, so I wasn't concerned about destroying high dollar parts. If that had been my good motor, I would certainly have been concerned. I don't think too many people are running that kind of junk, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

I'm pretty sure you just described the engine in my mud bogging truck perfectly, I don't know whether I should be depressed or relieved that I'm not the only one who has done this.