My motor is not together yet but heres what I have. It will be a 11.0-1 pump gas 408 with K-1 4" steel crank, Comp Star 6.125" H beam rods, Diamond dish pistons, Hughes flat solid 260/264 @ .050 with .626/.633 lift cam and EDM lifters, Milodon pan, cloyes true roller timing set, Perfect Circle high volume oil pump. I'm going to have around +/-$3000 in the short block counting the machine work. A member here gave a smokin' deal on the pan, pick up and timing set, all new. The top end will come off my 340 with the exception of the intake. I got a Victor 340 off the bag for $70 shipped. It will go on my Curtis Boggs ported Edelbrock heads with Hughes 1.6 roller rockers. I also bought new Hedman 1 7/8" headers to replace my TTIs, they'll be in the $1000 range counting the coatings. To me this not a cheap motor, but I'm not wealthy by any means, this is what I work overtime for. If I had stroked my 340 to begin with it would've only cost around $1000 more when I built it, oh well now I'll have a spare short block. I'm hoping from around 525 hp out of the new motor .